THE BARTDON PAPERS - "Cancel all previous directives."

UnusualAttitude

1 hour ago, Creature said:

At least it's not Lutefisk.

Well, that looks interesting. While I am now well-versed in both French cuisine (such as my vendéenne wife's famous mogette bean stew) and the culinary delights of India, I must admit my knowledge of Scandinavian cooking is limited to whatever is served at the IKEA cafeteria, and Lutefisk does not look like the sort of speciality one would spring on the casual unaware shopper looking for a new sofa or mattress. It would seem to be more appropriate for the initiated culinary thrill-seeker, perhaps. :D

However, I do imagine that my Kerbals-from-Earth have a diet that consists mainly of what you might find growing in a cave (the surface being apparently devoid of plant and animal life); fungi, algae, strange sightless fish, perhaps even bats. So they might be used to this sort of thing.

Also, imagine you are living in a small capsule, a couple of light-seconds away from the nearest good, hot meal. Even Lutefisk or dehydrated fish-paste might start to look appealing.

Is this a local speciality of yours?

11 minutes ago, UnusualAttitude said:

Well, that looks interesting. While I am now well-versed in both French cuisine (such as my vendéenne wife's famous mogette bean stew) and the culinary delights of India, I must admit my knowledge of Scandinavian cooking is limited to whatever is served at the IKEA cafeteria, and Lutefisk does not look like the sort of speciality one would spring on the casual unaware shopper looking for a new sofa or mattress. It would seem to be more appropriate for the initiated culinary thrill-seeker, perhaps. :D

However, I do imagine that my Kerbals-from-Earth have a diet that consists mainly of what you might find growing in a cave (the surface being apparently devoid of plant and animal life); fungi, algae, strange sightless fish, perhaps even bats. So they might be used to this sort of thing.

Also, imagine you are living in a small capsule, a couple of light-seconds away from the nearest good, hot meal. Even Lutefisk or dehydrated fish-paste might start to look appealing.

Is this a local speciality of yours?

It's a nordic thing, here in Finland it's mostly eaten during christmas but not many people like it. I actually had some last christmas and it didn't taste bad at all but the texture was just icky :D Nordic cuisine can actually be quite good but at times it tastes better than it looks. I'd still take french kitchen over nordic any day.

To be fair fish paste is pretty much what store bough tuna sandwiches contain so it's probably not that bad. Bat-paste on the other hand...

2 hours ago, Creature said:

Bat-paste on the other hand...

Hey, that is an awesome idea. Just what I was looking for to go on the Camwise Logs promotional T-shirts!!!

lsZGSad.png

On a more serious note, if you are Finnish and English is not your first language, Perfect Tomorrow is a doubly impressive piece of work. Anyone reading this should also check it out (or did I already mention that...?). :D

YEAR 7, DAY 286. BARTDON.

One down, one to go.

Evening. By the time Steledith and I returned from the edge of the antenna-dish crater, Froemone had finished setting up the device that would allow us to listen in for signals. We knew that the Monuments (or whatever blasted silly name Angun had made up for them) had attempted to communicate by means of acoustic signals, and on an airless Moon these could only propagate through the ground. Our equipment was therefore fitted with an extremely sensitive seismometer and an uplink that would beam the data straight back to our ground network on Earth, the whole being powered by a small RTG.

iSDnE0k.png

No point in switching it on straight away, what with us blundering around and kicking up dust, any faint signal from the crater would be drowned out by the damned noise we were making. Besides, despite having spent more than an hour straining our eyes trying to see across the gap to the mast (peak..? receiver..?), we hadn't spotted anything that looked remotely akin to Angun's description of the artifact he'd discovered on the ocean bed.

The data from Vers One clearly showed that something should be there, beneath or on top of that unnaturally tall structure, but there would be no chance of us getting across there or down into the crater itself any time soon. It was simply just too small a target to aim for with a lander and the summit was anything but flat, so unless someone volunteered to be the first Kerbal to go zip-lining on the Moon, we were stumped.* All our hopes now rested on picking up some sort of signal.

Py6u1h7.png

The flight back to Drygalski was uneventful and Catbeth put us down within a seven-iron's distance from the base. Good job, too. I'm fagged out from all that chasing after Steledith. Incidentally, after her initial enthusiastic outburst back at the crater she has lapsed back into her usual dreamy silence, occasionally muttering complaints about not having her star charts, and something about angular velocities in arc seconds and the difficulties of evaluating the effects of proper motion over such a large timespan. I've no idea what the hell she's on about, and the only point at which she made any sense was when she turned to me and asked a question that seemed entirely off-topic at the time.

“How long ago was that mass extinction event Angun was always prattling on and on about, Barty?”

Stop calling me... oh, never mind.

YEAR 7, DAY 299. BARTDON.

After the refueling process was completed, we put Saillac to the test by flying her to the resting place of rover Type G-Three near Theophilus crater, less than ten degrees south of the lunar equator. This pushed our lander to the limits of its range and we weren't be able to loiter there for long due to fuel boil-off. Our investigation of the area was therefore as swift and efficient as it could be with such a team.

JeTxsNE.png

Froemone was getting good at assembling our equipment, though. And Steledith didn't go charging off into the damned distance this time. In fact we were once again disappointed to find no apparent clues as to the whereabouts of the Monument, if it was there. Only dust, more damned dust, and another large helping of blasted regolith as far as the eye could see.

VUH6n6d.png

The irony of it all is that can't be buried very deeply, otherwise Vers One would never have detected it in the first place. The damned thing must be less than a metre below the surface, and within spitting distance of our lander. I was tempted to put Froemone to work and have him sift through a few hundred cubic metres of regolith just to be sure. Watching the boy get his hands dirty while I supervised from the safety and relative comfort of the capsule would have only been justice, seeing that he had pilfered all of the fish-paste sandwiches I'd prepared, again. Fortunately for him, we simply didn't have the time.

We did take a few minutes to pay our respects to G-Three, though. The old horse had been abandoned by its remote operators on a slope just a few hundred metres away from where Saillac had come down. The rover's lights were still on and its antenna active, powered by the almost endless fire of its radioisotope generator. At a pinch, we could still take control of it from Earth when one of our orbiting probes happened to conveniently pass overhead and act as a relay, although with the signal delay we probably wouldn't make it very far before crashing into something.

SzbyJnK.png

Catbeth cut in saying that Froemone was done, and started to fret about fuel reserves for the trip back, resulting in an undignified scramble back to our vessel for the trip home. In the end, she'd got herself all in a tizzy for nothing. Despite a few low-fuel warnings and flashing lights that woke me from my nap just a few moments before we landed back at Drygalski, we made down in one piece. Any landing you can walk away from, old gal. And good show, Froe.

4BbFnsH.png

YEAR 7, DAY 312. BARTDON.

Today we blasted off this blasted rock for home. You may be wondering exactly how we intend to return to Earth, eh? Certainly not in that lumbering monster of a lander. Saillac simply took us to low lunar orbit, and then returned to land at Drygalski to be used again in the future. For the rest of the trip back, Omelek had us covered. Although it would be yet another ride on board a ship that was anything but luxurious.

2AApBIi.png

A couple of weeks ago, just before we made our second run to Theophilus, a Carderie spaceplane launched carrying the latest supposedly neat idea of Froemone's colleague Mitzon. The damned boy has a small plaque on his desk that reads Less is More, and apparently he is admired for his ruthlessly efficient engineering, allowing him to conjure up solutions to tricky requirements on a tight schedule and a limited budget. However, having flown on some of his inventions, I sometimes feel the urge to make a unannounced visit to his office, toss his plaque in the trash and replace it with a longer one of my own reading Stop Being Lazy, Get Back to Work and Design Something Nice for a Change.

I admit that the lunar shuttle Lunegarde had to meet an ambitious set of specifications. It had to conform to the 15-tonne payload limit of our spaceplane. It had to be able to reach low lunar orbit, and refuel by sharing Saillac's load of remaining on-orbit propellant, whilst still leaving enough for the lander to get down safely back at Drygalski. With this frugal amount of fuel, it was also able to return to LEO without resorting to risky and time-consuming aerobraking. Oh, and it had to pack a remote command station to allow the crew to guide Saillac back down to the lunar surface once fuel and crew transfer had taken place.

Kg01U37.png

I took these specifications to Mitzon, since I reckoned that Froemone had enough on his plate with Saillac. He was sitting in his office, slouching with his feet on his desk next to that damned plaque of his. He didn't even bat an eyelid when I rattled off this lengthy list of requirements, damn him. In fact, he yawned and said “OK, man. I'll do that this afternoon. Anything else, dude?”

And Lunegarde is what we got. Between his afternoon nap and tea-break, Mitzon conjured up a crew capsule strapped to a cryogenic upper stage, slapped on a docking port and called it a day. Efficient, but lazy if you ask me. And this was to be our ride home to Earth.

Saillac docked with Lunegarde in low lunar orbit and filled her tanks with precious hydrolox as we made our way through the tunnel from the tiny, cramped crew quarters of the lander to the tight, claustrophobic living space of the lunar shuttle. Catbeth made her way to the remote command station and took control of Saillac to guide the lander back down to Drygalski. Once it was down safely we broke orbit. Shoot! Just three more days and we will be back home. I can't wait to get out of this tin can and hit the driving range.

lykccPU.png

YEAR 7, DAY 315. BARTDON.

Shortly before we made our orbital insertion into LEO, Mission Control called to tell us that the listening device at Theophilus crater had been switched on and had started emitting almost immediately. I knew it, damn it! Apparently, we were getting the same type of signal that Angun had decrypted, and Siggy and Neldan were working on applying the deciphers that my late colleague had painstakingly worked on. By the time we were be back on the ground, new data should be available.

dFcHgJj.png

Once we were in a stable 300 km orbit, Carderie III launched to pluck us out of space. The final part of our journey was the rodeo ride back down to Kourou, flying down out of space on wings. I never quite understood the point of having wings in space but Karanda, who has now taken up the role of Chief Engineer, insists that this is a good idea. It's all about cross-range, she says, and allowing us to land the spaceplane back at one of our launch sites rather than on the wrong continent, or far out into the ocean. That's one of the problems with our huge blasted planet. Chuck a tin of dehydrated bat-paste at it and you're likely to hit something wet, something tall and pointy, or a big empty desert.

y41wQov.png

In the end, my blissful slumber was disturbed by the sharp 4-gee S-turns that our spaceplane performed in order not to overshoot Kourou and splash down somewhere deep out into the Atlantic Ocean. Well actually, 4-gee S-turns I can deal with, but that Catbeth sure has a shrill voice when things start getting hairy.

i2o7g9H.png

I was looking forward to seeing those new images the Monument is spitting out for us. I'd asked Neldan if he would be so kind as to be waiting out on the apron in the stifling tropical heat with a print-out of the pictures when we rolled in after landing. And there he was, dripping with sweat in the blazing afternoon sun. The gantry crane hauled the crew cabin out of the cargo-bay and deposited us on the tarmac. I slid down the ladder in my haste to reach him.

TmsONoy.png

“Bartdon,” he said looking concerned. ”You're not going to like this.”

I grabbed the five print-outs from his grasp and riffled through them rapidly, before tossing them over my shoulder with a desperate, heartfelt damn!

The Martian Pyramid. The large alien ship orbiting Mars and Earth. The bacteria being infected. The bacteria being infected on Mars and Earth. The very same pictures Angun had originally decrypted from the Pacific Monument. Nothing less, nothing more.

At that moment, as I stood in the suffocating heat coming off the runway, the words from the letter he had sent to me from beyond his grave came back to haunt me. For a while, I had managed to entertain the thought that Angun's intention had been honest and genuine, but now they sounded merely cruel and spiteful.

I wish you good luck, Bartdon. You're going to need it.

1 hour ago, TrooperCooper said:

I admire your spaceplane. Thought an SSTO is not possible in RO/RSS. And that with 25 tons payload. :0.0:

Nice stuff!

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

The spaceplane is incredible!

For the record, an SSTO spaceplane is almost certainly not possible in RSS with any of the stock engines, or even the mod duel cycle engines by Nertea et al. with the Real Fuel configurations provided by Realism Overhaul. Even the Real Fuel configuration for the B9 Sabre M is simply too puny and heavy to have any hope of reaching orbit. You have to create your own .cfg file for it. Yes, I am a cheaty cheater, but I do imagine my Kerbals having some near(ish) future technology. :D

I did however base my craft's specifications on a real spaceplane project (although it is still far from becoming a reality) the REL Skylon D. It can launch a 15 (not 25) tonne payload to a 200km equatorial orbit from Kourou. I built the airframe, then basically tweaked the engine's thrust-to-weight ratio until it did what Skylon is supposed to do.

One difference with my Carderie spaceplane is that it burns methalox rather than the hydrolox that will be used by Skylon to precool the intake air and (I think) cool parts of the airframe during re-entry. Carderie is therefore much heavier than Skylon, and a liquid methane fueled precooler would probably not work in reality. I did try hydrolox initially, but the tanks were simply way too bulky to fit with the cargo-bays and landing gear I had available. Ground clearance of the tail (lacking slanted procedural parts) is also an issue, as well as the hopelessly short stock runway.

In short, my attempts to replicate a projected real SSTO design showed me just how ambitious such a thing is. If Skylon is ever to make it to orbit, it will have to be as light as a feather when empty, and its engines will need a godlike TWR.

Despite all this handwaving, Carderie was fun to build and is fun to fly. Re-entry is a challenge (and has just got harder in 1.1, so I will need to adapt the design again). Nailing the runway from orbit took a lot of practice, and many hulls were lost before I managed to get it back in one piece. 

Thanks for reading!

Edited by UnusualAttitude

16 minutes ago, UnusualAttitude said:

For the record, an SSTO spaceplane is almost certainly not possible in RSS with any of the stock engines, or even the mod duel cycle engines by Nertea et al. with the Real Fuel configurations provided by Realism Overhaul. Even the Real Fuel configuration for the B9 Sabre M is simply too puny and heavy to have any hope of reaching orbit. You have to create your own .cfg file for it. Yes, I am a cheaty cheater. :D

I did however base my craft's specifications on a real spaceplane project (although it is still far from becoming a reality) the REL Skylon D. It can launch a 15 (not 25) tonne payload to a 200km equatorial orbit from Kourou. I built the airframe, then basically tweaked the engine's thrust-to-weight ratio until it did what Skylon is supposed to do.

One difference with my Carderie spaceplane is that it burns methalox rather than the hydrolox that will be used by Skylon to precool the intake air and (I think) cool parts of the airframe during re-entry. Carderie is therefore much heavier than Skylon, and a liquid methane fueled precooler would probably not work in reality. I did try hydrolox initially, but the tanks were simply way too bulky to fit with the cargo-bays and landing gear I had available. Ground clearance of the tail (lacking slanted procedural parts) is also an issue, as well as the hopelessly short stock runway.

In short, my attempts to replicate a projected real SSTO design showed me just how ambitious such a thing is. If Skylon is ever to make it to orbit, it will have to be as light as a feather when empty, and its engines will need a godlike TWR.

Despite all this handwaving, Carderie was fun to build and is fun to fly. Re-entry is a challenge (and has just got harder in 1.1, so I will need to adapt the design again). Nailing the runway from orbit took a lot of practice, and many hulls were lost before I managed to get it back in one piece. 

Thanks for reading!

I have made a few SSTOs in RSS.

The trick is to forget trying to make a spaceplane, and concentrate on accomplishing two tasks:

10000m/s deltaV.

Recoverable re-entry.

The result is a very large, squat pyramid-like spaceship, with engines in a ring around a heatshield, with extensible lifting surfaces. 

My tip is to make everything bigger. The larger the spaceship, the closer your mass fraction gets to that of your propellant tanks. In other words, the mass of your engines and payload becomes a smaller fraction of your total mass. Vertical launch helps with avoiding too much drag, allowing you to use larger LH/LOX fuel tanks. 

11 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

I have made a few SSTOs in RSS.

The trick is to forget trying to make a spaceplane, and concentrate on accomplishing two tasks:

10000m/s deltaV.

Recoverable re-entry.

The result is a very large, squat pyramid-like spaceship, with engines in a ring around a heatshield, with extensible lifting surfaces. 

My tip is to make everything bigger. The larger the spaceship, the closer your mass fraction gets to that of your propellant tanks. In other words, the mass of your engines and payload becomes a smaller fraction of your total mass. Vertical launch helps with avoiding too much drag, allowing you to use larger LH/LOX fuel tanks. 

That sounds a bit like the Convair Nexus SSTO which was supposed to be absolutely massive (a 60 metre base, 1 million pounds to LEO...).

The great thing about winged SSTOs though is recovery. By now, I can put my spaceplane back on the runway nearly every single time for full recovery. I don't think I could do this with an SSTO rocket. Planet Earth is just too big for reliable pinpoint landings.

This is actually a career save (although with very lenient difficulty settings and all the science being converted into money), and this whole system I put into place (mining ice on the Moon, reusable spaceplanes, landers and Lunar shuttle) means that I can get boots onto the Lunar surface for just the cost of the fuel required to get to LEO. I was pretty surprised to find out that this was even possible in RSS, but it works, assuming you have an SSTO and assuming a useful quantity of water ice can be extracted from the Moon's poles.

So, just what are NASA / ESA / ROSCOSMOS waiting for....? :D

Edited by UnusualAttitude

3 hours ago, UnusualAttitude said:

That sounds a bit like the Convair Nexus SSTO which was supposed to be absolutely massive (a 60 metre base, 1 million pounds to LEO...).

The great thing about winged SSTOs though is recovery. By now, I can put my spaceplane back on the runway nearly every single time for full recovery. I don't think I could do this with an SSTO rocket. Planet Earth is just too big for reliable pinpoint landings.

This is actually a career save (although with very lenient difficulty settings and all the science being converted into money), and this whole system I put into place (mining ice on the Moon, reusable spaceplanes, landers and Lunar shuttle) means that I can get boots onto the Lunar surface for just the cost of the fuel required to get to LEO. I was pretty surprised to find out that this was even possible in RSS, but it works, assuming you have an SSTO and assuming a useful quantity of water ice can be extracted from the Moon's poles.

So, just what are NASA / ESA / ROSCOSMOS waiting for....? :D

Exactly what I was thinking of. I'd recreate it in KSP in a heartbeat if we had some kind of cylindrical heatshield. I'd give it a conical frustrum nose. Launch it straight up, re-enter it nose-first.

2 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

Exactly what I was thinking of. I'd recreate it in KSP in a heartbeat if we had some kind of cylindrical heatshield. I'd give it a conical frustrum nose. Launch it straight up, re-enter it nose-first.

Such a launcher, when empty of fuel, would have a tiny ballistic coefficient. Maybe by re-entering gently you could get away with it? That's basically how my spaceplane survives. Although,  as I said,  things would appear to be harder in 1.1 and I'm in the process of experimenting with active cooling (moar radiators).

On 6/22/2016 at 4:42 PM, UnusualAttitude said:

And there he was, dripping with sweat in the blazing afternoon sun. The gantry crane hauled the crew cabin out of the cargo-bay and deposited us on the tarmac

Today I flew home from the training class I've been at the last 2 weeks.  As such, I finally escaped from being the Evil Government Firewall That Bans Even Talking About Games.  Being stuck in Houston for half an hour between flights, I fired up my laptop and skimmed the forum, including this thread, but didn't have time to reply at the time.  The above quote went through my mind a few minutes later, however, when I had to board my last flight.  This was a "puddle-jumper" for the short trip from Houston to Lousy Anna's Armpit, and the Houston airport is decidedly retro in boarding facilities for such small planes.  Meaning you have to walk out on the tarmac and stand in the sun for a while, which was the universal custom in the days of my youth, but which seems totally passé now. 

Anyway, it was 19:00 local time and the sun was low.  However, today was very near the Summer Solstice so the effective Equator is the aptly named Tropic of  Cancer, which is within spitting distance of the US Gulf Coast.  Thus, the tarmac had been absorbing near-equatorial heat all day, every day, for a long time, and there was the usual Gulf humidity on top of that.  It was simply brutal, especially because I've spent the last 2 weeks in a cooler, less-humid clime.  I daresay I out-sweated your Kerbals :)

On 6/22/2016 at 7:06 PM, UnusualAttitude said:

Yes, I am a cheaty cheater, but I do imagine my Kerbals having some near(ish) future technology. :D

Using RSS/RO/RF pretty much absolves you of all guilt :)

Welcome home, Geschosskopf! Glad to have you back.

On 6/25/2016 at 5:48 AM, Geschosskopf said:

This was a "puddle-jumper" for the short trip from Houston to Lousy Anna's Armpit, and the Houston airport is decidedly retro in boarding facilities for such small planes.

Just out of curiosity, what did you fly this leg on? I once flew from Toulouse to Strasbourg on an Embraer Regional Jet with a decidedly lop-sided 2-1 cabin layout, which left me wondering if the passengers sitting in the single row of seats are allowed more snacks than the passengers sitting on the right in order not to unbalance the aircraft. Snacks however consisted of a tiny drink (half of half a pint of Heineken!) and a packet of decidedly unappealing dry biscuits, so I doubt this would have contributed to the aircraft's centre of mass in any significant way.

On 6/25/2016 at 5:48 AM, Geschosskopf said:

Using RSS/RO/RF pretty much absolves you of all guilt :)

No-one is innocent. :D

Just out of curiosity, what did you fly this leg on? I once flew from Toulouse to Strasbourg on an Embraer Regional Jet with a decidedly lop-sided 2-1 cabin layout, which left me wondering if the passengers sitting in the single row of seats are allowed more snacks than the passengers sitting on the right in order not to unbalance the aircraft. Snacks however consisted of a tiny drink (half of half a pint of Heineken!) and a packet of decidedly unappealing dry biscuits, so I doubt this would have contributed to the aircraft's centre of mass in any significant way.

Yes, this flight was in the cramped little Embraer ERJ-145.  I sat in the single row on the port side.  Snack service was equal for all passengers, just a small glass of water and a packet of mini pretzels.  I could observe, however, that the port aileron was trimmed slightly up throughout the flight, probably to counteract the off-center mass distribution.  Embraer likes 1-2 seats, apparently.  I also rode in E-175s on the longer legs of this trip.  These have mostly 2-2 seating but the rich folks up front sit 1-2 with wider seats.  This puts a noticeable kink in the aisle.

Speaking of airplane stuff, I was struck yet again by the significant change in the types of airplanes seen flocking around major US airports in the last decade or so.  Today, there are hardly any widebodies seen at all.  Those few are usually confined to the international terminal from whence they cross the oceans on only 2 engines instead of the 3 or 4 of the past.  Meanwhile, the domestic terminals are jammed with larger numbers of smaller planes.  It's all a combination of economics, technology, and the changing market strategies of the airlines.  Being a fan of large planes (both as works of art and as a customer), this made me sad.  But at least I finally saw my first A380.  That's an impressive beast!  It towered over the swarm of puddle-jumpers like a crow amongst sparrows.  But it seems to be a niche product and something of a white elephant, so I doubt I'll see many more.

Nice :)

Hey there pals,

Sorry for the lack of updates last week but I've had a lot of things on my mind, not least of which being a possible future change of nationality due to recent events on the other side of the Channel. It may be time for me to decide once and for all if I'm a Brit or a Frog. Or something else...

And what do you do when you have to mull over a major decision? You go on a road trip of course. Or, if you are mildly addicted to designing KSP airframes like me, you go on a design-binge to devise novel ways of sending one of your Kerbals to find himself on the other side of the planet. Which is exactly what will happen in the soon-be-released next episode of The Camwise Logs. Teaser images below. See you soon. :D

Spoiler

H6145qI.png

9SbPYwm.png

vWz6wh3.png

9v3hC0w.png

13 hours ago, UnusualAttitude said:

Sorry for the lack of updates last week but I've had a lot of things on my mind, not least of which being a possible future change of nationality due to recent events on the other side of the Channel. It may be time for me to decide once and for all if I'm a Brit or a Frog. Or something else..

Wow.  From this side of the pond, the Brits only seemed loosely attached to the EU to begin with, so I figured nobody else would really miss them :)

Anyway, good luck with the major decision.

13 hours ago, UnusualAttitude said:

And what do you do when you have to mull over a major decision? You go on a road trip of course. Or, if you are mildly addicted to designing KSP airframes like me, you go on a design-binge to devise novel ways of sending one of your Kerbals to find himself on the other side of the planet. Which is exactly what will happen in the soon-be-released next episode of The Camwise Logs. Teaser images below. See you soon. :D

Those are some nifty designs.  I hope to see some of them put to use in the future.

4 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Wow.  From this side of the pond, the Brits only seemed loosely attached to the EU to begin with, so I figured nobody else would really miss them :)

True, to a certain extent. However, I have lived as a Brit in France for many years without requiring a Visa, a Residence Permit, or many other things that make life quite a bit more complicated (and sometimes more expensive) for non-EU residents. I can even vote in certain elections here. Depending on what is negotiated when the UK withdraws, many or all of these privileges may be revoked. If you have the time (and bandwidth), John Oliver gives an entertaining explanation of the situation for an American audience. :)

5 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Those are some nifty designs.  I hope to see some of them put to use in the future.

I'm on it!!! :D

11 minutes ago, HamnavoePer said:

As I said earlier

Good(ish) ending. Nigel Farage stepped down (apparently):D

Probably good news, although the harm is already done. However, delving too far into politics will be the quickest way to get this thread locked. :wink: So to get the matter off politics, if not on topic, here is a picture of Camwise break-dancing on Phobos. Let's just say his dance expresses the self-inflicted solitude of the British people and leave it at that, shall we?

pE6tiyU.png

1 minute ago, UnusualAttitude said:

Probably good news, although the harm is already done. However, delving too far into politics will be the quickest way to get this thread locked. :wink: So to get the matter off politics, if not on topic, here is a picture of Camwise break-dancing on Phobos. Let's just say his dance expresses the self-inflicted solitude of the British people and leave it at that, shall we?

pE6tiyU.png

Yeah. Agreed.:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.