How do you unlock ships

16 hours ago, dangerhamster said:

In that case they contain non stock parts, or possibly tweakscaled stuff  (no idea if the game can handle this if you don't have tweakscale) can you open them in the VAB?

he just said he cant open it.. thats part of the question.. why do you ask him if he can OPEN them when he said "i cant open"?

@OP: i Think it might be best to upload the craft file for ppl to check them.
When you are sure there are no modded parts, you are in in sandbox mode the latest version and the crafts where created after 1.x, then we need to check the file

Because in the context of his question he could well mean launch, or he may mean how do I open a .craft file in an outside programme. In this case it is best to determine exactly what the problem is.......... the clue to launch is the game is telling him the ship contains locked or invalid parts.  Happy now mr picky?

Double check if you have the latest version. If you run an old version of KSP you won't be able to open craft built in the latest version. If you know it's a stock craft built with the latest version and you are running an older version, open up it's  .craft file and change the KSP version the .craft file to match your's. 

This may not work for you because it's a version problem, whereas your's looks like a parts problem, but still give it a try to make sure everything's still in order. :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.