The Satisfying Anger Thread

Matuchkin

The conspiracy theorists, the UFO seekers, the "people-who-think-they-know-a-lot-but-actually-don't"(I think I'm one)... the ignorance is everywhere!

You want to do everything to prove to those people that their theories are wrong, but all you can do is swear at the screen.

This is when this thread comes in:

- This thread is a repository of intelligent answers that you can post or say to those conspiracy nuts.

- Answers can be as long as an essay, or as short as a one-liner, smart-[excretory tubule] answer-backs.

- Can be used as a mental training exercise!

How this thread works:

- Stuff (conspiracy-theorist news articles, UFO videos, etc) will be posted here. Anyone can post.

- People on this thread will create answers (proofs, witty answers, etc). The answers will be in BOLD AND UNDERLINED.

- People can just express their own opinions on the videos/other stuff (forum rules apply), posting answer-backs is not required.

- If you have an opinion that supports the videos/other stuffs (the Earth is flat, Apollo is fake, etc), and have legitimate proof for it, you can post that. While we do not respect blatant, ignorant fools, we do respect people with actual proof to support their ideas, and will consider their opinions. If a personnel posting a conspiracy proof does not have good reasoning, we will KINDLY and RESPECTFULLY give him the counter-proof. We are only allowed to treat the person like the aforementioned blatant fool if he does not consider the counter-proof and keeps on insisting without any reasoning.

To start off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrubfqFekPI

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/637061/End-world-Conspiracy-theorists-new-Planet-9-discovery-spark-apocalypse-Nibiru-Planet-X

Let the battle begin!

Well, guys. What usually happens in threads of this sort is that somebody comes along with a contrary opinion, and then others attack him/her, and it turns into arguments and insults and we have to close the thread. Try not to do that this time, okay? 

How does it get started? By identifying one side as absolutely wrong, so that anyone who believes in it is a "blatant fool" and a "conspiracy nut." Even if you do really believe that, calling people names is not going to convince them of the validity of your own arguments. 

So restrict the discussion to proof and facts, because just mocking how stupid "they" are compared to "us" will get the thread shut down. 

12 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Well, guys. What usually happens in threads of this sort is that somebody comes along with a contrary opinion, and then others attack him/her, and it turns into arguments and insults and we have to close the thread. Try not to do that this time, okay? 

How does it get started? By identifying one side as absolutely wrong, so that anyone who believes in it is a "blatant fool" and a "conspiracy nut." Even if you do really believe that, calling people names is not going to convince them of the validity of your own arguments. 

So restrict the discussion to proof and facts, because just mocking how stupid "they" are compared to "us" will get the thread shut down. 

Yeah, I did that, right? I said that only funny/witty answer-backs or actual proof is allowed. I also highlighted the words "kindly" and "respectfully" when referring to someone else posting his theories on this thread. As well as that, I stated that forum rules still apply here. I am also planning to control the course of this thread, calling p moderators to give out warnings if answers get out of hand. NOTE, I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE INSULTING, I JUST WANT THIS TO BE HUMOROUS. Isn't that enough?

1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

You want to do everything to prove to those people that their theories are wrong,

I see a crucial flaw here in your process of dealing with ignorance. In my experience doing so helps nothing to very little in the grand scheme of things. Why you even attempt to do so if you don't enjoy it?

Also... human stupidity is so beautiful. Why would you deny others the joy of marveling in certain constellations of beliefs and ideas and fixations in someone's mind?

10 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

Answer:

The burning temperature of the hydrocarbons in Jet-A fuel is approximately 980*C. The temperature at which steel turns into a significantly less strong material is approximately 700*C. Though it will not melt iron, Jet fuel will considerably weaken it. Combine that with the force of impact and the following explosion, and the trade centers are screwed.

15 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Answer:

The burning temperature of the hydrocarbons in Jet-A fuel is approximately 980*C. The temperature at which steel turns into a significantly less strong material is approximately 700*C. Though it will not melt iron, Jet fuel will considerably weaken it. Combine that with the force of impact and the following explosion, and the trade centers are screwed.

Not to forget the mass of the rest of the tower on the weakened beams...

2 hours ago, astrokerb said:

I don't think there are enough conspiracy theorists on the forums to keep this thread going, so i'll just toss out a random conspiracy theory. Lets see...er...THE EARTH IS FLAT!

No, err, I don't mean on the forums, I mean anywhere. Post a newspaper, youtube video, etc, and someone here will answer to that. It's like a youtube comment thread filled with intelligent people.

Edited by Matuchkin

11 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Answer:

Irrelevant. The question is designed to mislead. Kerosene involved was consumed in less than ten minutes and couldn't contribute to any significant heating of the structural elements.

Its only purpose was to ignite flammables and start a sudden multistory classical office fire which was enough to cause weakening of already damaged elements, even more stressed now that a significant number of them was missing or damaged.

Just saying.

2 hours ago, hugix said:

But it does make steel very weak

Again, it did not make it very weak because it was gone minutes after it arrived. Steel did soften, but classical fire did it and no, it did not make steel glow like that. In the worst areas, it made it glow red. Which is enough, but I'm just saying, if you're gonna argument something, do it right. Bashing stupid arguments with disinformation helps no one.

1 hour ago, Sanic said:

I wonder how many points can be made to counter the classic 'the moon landings were faked'.

Randall Munroe had a great one for that. It was something along the lines of "If the moon landings were faked, why haven't we gone anywhere else yet?" Honestly, if the moon landings were faked we would probably be past mars now.

Look up Reds Rhetoric on YouTube. Dudes great. I dare not link any of his videos. He swears... Alot. But he really hands it to conspiracy theorists.

There's a problem though. These conspiracy theory people are attention seeking trolls. Half of them don't believe what they say. And threads like this and the YouTube channel I mentioned give them exactly that. Attention. Therefore their videos get more views.

Best way to get them to go away is to ignore them.

Edited by Motokid600

32 minutes ago, Noname117 said:

Randall Munroe had a great one for that. It was something along the lines of "If the moon landings were faked, why haven't we gone anywhere else yet?" Honestly, if the moon landings were faked we would probably be past mars now.

Speaking of which.

New thing to chew on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jrLXkuKcw

2 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Speaking of which.

New thing to chew on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jrLXkuKcw

My favorite part of this video (I didn't watch it) was the part where everyone PASSIONATELY argues in the comments. For a moment there, I really believed all the name calling, counter arguments, and capital letters would convince the author of the video that he was wrong.

Spoiler

He wasn't convinced the passion only seemed to fuel his resolve.

2 minutes ago, Tex Mechs Robot said:

My favorite part of this video (I didn't watch it) was the part where everyone PASSIONATELY argues in the comments. For a moment there, I really believed all the name calling, counter arguments, and capital letters would convince the author of the video that he was wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

He wasn't convinced the passion only seemed to fuel his resolve.

Watch the video. His first reason is just completely moronic.

1 minute ago, Tex Mechs Robot said:

I can't. I just can't. I already know it's moronic and I already hate that I've given it a "view". Watching him be moronic won't make the situation any better for me.

Well that's what the thread is for! Try to make an intelligent answer to that, to aid others and yourself!

How does it help? Let's say all of the intelligent people are in fact armed with great responses to unintelligent arguments because of this thread. Let's then say that we all trudge over to that video and post our best rebuttals to the points he makes. What is next? Where does humanity go from there? Do you believe that the people putting forth those types of arguments are really looking to be convinced otherwise? Do you think your most thought out counterpoint will change him into belief of a lunar landing?

10 minutes ago, Tex Mechs Robot said:

How does it help? Let's say all of the intelligent people are in fact armed with great responses to unintelligent arguments because of this thread. Let's then say that we all trudge over to that video and post our best rebuttals to the points he makes. What is next? Where does humanity go from there? Do you believe that the people putting forth those types of arguments are really looking to be convinced otherwise? Do you think your most thought out counterpoint will change him into belief of a lunar landing?

Nope, I'm just doing it for the interest of it. I'm interested in who has the best rebuttals for arguments that most people would just swear at with caps lock on. This is supposed to be a humorous thread, filled with witty replies, statistics, facts, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.