My saved games are there, but clicking on "Resume Saved" does nothing

I'm running version 1.0.5.1028. 

My computer crashed while playing KSP. 

The problem is now fixed. 

However, now when I click on "Resume Saved", nothing happens. It can't find my saved games, even though I'm able to find them in Steam/steamapps/common/KerbalSpaceProgram/saves.

I'm guessing that a file that points to the "saves" directory was corrupted when my computer crashed.

I've got lots of things in orbit around Tylo and on the surface of Tylo.  I'd hate to have to start over.

Is there some way to fix the file that KSP uses to point to the "saves" directory?

Thank you all for any help.

Hi Thorazine, if KSP crashed while you were in flight you will have a damaged persistent.sfs in the folder of the save you were playing when it crashed, you will need to back this up (in case it can ever be fixed) then replace it with your most recent quicksave by copying the quicksave then renaming it to persistent.sfs

If KSP crashed in the editor you likely have a corrupt craft file, you will need to remove the file for the ship you were building at the time of the crash.

Hello maceemiller and sal_vager!  Thank you both for responding to my issue.  I ended up following sal_vager's suggestion of renaming my most recently saved file to "persistent.sfs".  Specifically, I first deleted the corrupted "persistent.sfs" (after first saving it under a different name, just in case), and then I renamed my most recent save file ("Jan 22 2016 11 09 pm.sfs") to "persistent.sfs".  Everything works now.  I thought I would have to start again from scratch!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.