Forgot my lights!

A35K

I always forget bloody lights when building ships cause well, its one of those things that is small enough to not stand out (its kinda obvious if you forgot to add a mainsail or cockpit), and yet be quite useful especially if you run ambient light adjusting mods (like planetshine) which turn space into more or less pitch blackness and you cant see jack without em.  That and well, they make nice faction recognition system since each faction (at least in my KSP) has their own unique lighting color scheme.

They should add "no lighting on vessel" to that new bottom right engineering tab thingy, as its more common a problem for me then borking the fuel flow and ending up having engines with no fuel going to them (that engineering tab is so useful for telling me this).

With rockets, if i notice something that is wrong before i enter a stable orbit on Kerbin, i revert. With planes, if there's something bad before i can take off, normally i have no choice but to revert (because, you know, "plane going wrong before take off" usually means fireworks). But if i achieved orbit with my rocket or i have my plane flying, i usually land them, dock them on a station or send help. Because, as Evanitis said, it is fun to solve problems, but even more than fun it is very rewarding... because then you realize this.

On 1/31/2016 at 2:38 PM, katateochi said:

When in testing mode and I realise I've forgotten something then I usually just stage as fast as possible just to see how badly wrong things will go (the Kerbal equivalent of range safety!).  Occasionally, for no other reason than because, I'll try to land a massive LV back on the launch pad....and then watch everything go all kinds of wrong as the launch pad crumples.  

But in "real" mode, forgetting things like lights is a good reason to make use of KAS & KIS and fit the lights once in orbit. 

I do the same thing... In fact, The abort button ejects the command pod, and then stages everything else at once.

On 2/1/2016 at 6:22 PM, AbacusWizard said:

Months ago my wife put a post-it note on my monitor with "ADD LIGHTS THEN LAUNCH" written on it in crayon to remind me to avoid exactly this mistake. It was soon joined by "DON'T FORGET MANEUVERING JETS" and "REFUEL BEFORE UNDOCKING."

This is truly amazing. If I mention KSP to the wife she immediately glazes over and walks off muttering about how I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time with the kids.

The kids are so young they won't remember this age anyway, it's the perfect time to neglect them for gaming in my opinion.

8 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

This is truly amazing. If I mention KSP to the wife she immediately glazes over and walks off muttering about how I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time with the kids.

The kids are so young they won't remember this age anyway, it's the perfect time to neglect them for gaming in my opinion.

My wife takes my hobbies in stride, but will forcibly remove me from my computer on occasion... :blush:

My wife makes comments like "What are you going to do to your poor Kerbals, tonight?"

Do to them? DO to them?!

Do you not see the look of pure epic joy on Jeb's face? How can you not see that this is his heart's...

What?

No, no, don't look at Bill, that's not the poi...yes, yes, I know he's screaming. It's okay...in space, no one can hear you scream.

Just...just look at Jeb, will you?!

-Jn-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.