Part requirements and loads in raw values?

MatterBeam

34 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Not something that can be done in cfg.

My problem comes with Tweakscale expecting original-size-output and calculating the % based off that. My 3.75m scale parts produce 300%, for example.

Can something be done about that?

Edited by MatterBeam

Are you talking about engines? Because that shouldn't be happening. The percentage is calculated directly from the amount of propellant delivered vs the amount requested, so should be perfectly in line with that.

If you are talking about something other than engines, I wasn't involved there.

28 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Are you talking about engines? Because that shouldn't be happening. The percentage is calculated directly from the amount of propellant delivered vs the amount requested, so should be perfectly in line with that.

If you are talking about something other than engines, I wasn't involved there.

Parts with ModuleResourceConverter... like the reactors in my SimpleNuclear mod :wink:

I checked by tweakscale re-sizing engines. They always have 100% = current max. 

Edited by MatterBeam

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
    name = ModuleResourceConverter
    EfficiencyBonus = 3
}

So we are talking about this one? This probably dates back to the time when the module was part of USI. TweakScale does not calculate any load figures, this happens inside the converter. I remember that there was no kspField to scale the input/output directly. Then I found that scaling the EfficiencyBonus would influence the converter throughput in the right way. So a scaled converter is currently modelled as the original converter running at a scaled efficiency.

I'm always open for a better solution, the constraint is that TweakScale operates on kspFields inside PartModules.

19 minutes ago, pellinor said:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
    name = ModuleResourceConverter
    EfficiencyBonus = 3
}

So we are talking about this one? This probably dates back to the time when the module was part of USI. TweakScale does not calculate any load figures, this happens inside the converter. I remember that there was no kspField to scale the input/output directly. Then I found that scaling the EfficiencyBonus would influence the converter throughput in the right way. So a scaled converter is currently modelled as the original converter running at a scaled efficiency.

I'm always open for a better solution, the constraint is that TweakScale operates on kspFields inside PartModules.

Can't it affect the Output_Resource value? Sorry, I'm new to all this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.