Multiplayer networking using Raknet ?

roarke

Do you think that developers should use Raknet ?  

2,315 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that developers should use Raknet ?

I found out on the net about it and i was wondering if this is a good idea and could be implemented in KSP. What do you think ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raknet
[url]http://www.raknet.com/[/url]

I\'m pretty sure there is a reason there probably won\'t be multiplayer, in fact, I know. There are actually many reasons as to why it probably won\'t ever work for KSP.

Even if it did work, it would only be easy to play simultaneously with no more than 4-6 other people. I don\'t know how a computer could handle more. Forget anything above 10 people at one given time.

the devs want mutiplayer, but are not gonna focus on it too much until the game is more feature complete, theres a few posts and topics about this very subject... people are kinda tetchy around it tho, some people love the idea, others just hate it and want to see it die

Must have completely forgotten about this. I would say, however, that the point of it being unfeasable during KSP\'s development still stands as the idea given is to make an expansion for it, implying KSP itself would be finished.

We\'re still a ways away from that. Time will tell.

The prospect of making a giant orbital station or colonies is so much better when its a joint effort on multiplayer, there\'s a reason why most (if not all) of the best minecraft projects are servers not sp.

If the multiplayer will be something like an addon or mod, someone will use it, others no. Or a deactivation function in menu could be. And about real time multiplayer, could it be that mutiplayer may be in turns for players.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.