A beginner's guide to Kopernicus - PQSMods

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Any relatively simple way to alter an atmosphere?

Using the atmosphere node in kopernicus is the only way to change an atmosphere. There are some useful tools to help you if you search around on the forums

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 11:26 AM, UranianBlue said:

Are all planet maps made with HeightColorMap, or is there another way to generate a color texture using PQS? Also, can we have a tutorial on how to use LandControl?

There are pqs mods to mess with color, the guy who made OPM had a really good example somewhere but I forgot where

On 8/26/2017 at 7:49 AM, Kepler68 said:

There are pqs mods to mess with color, the guy who made OPM had a really good example somewhere but I forgot where

you may be talking about VertexColorNoise which is a mod that makes color maps for asteroids.

• 5 months later...

sorry to necro. I'm looking to read up on certain things and learn. I'm trying to figure out what PQS actually does, I see these kind of threads that help with additional features like mapheight, vertexblahblah and other stuff.., but I was kinda looking for a general, what can this do. How can I start to understand this without diving into all those fancy looking sub-functions? For Example, I see cfgs that has only: PQSdeactivate:175000. I feel that's a texture rendering cutoff distance. But that's all I can gather from it. I know there's more to it than that though. Thank you for any additional information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.