(Dear squad:) Soon™

As much as it may seem nice to have an idea what features are being seriously considered for the future the current 'system' is probably the best approach.  We get regular devnotes and updates where they often tell us what they are working on, and if it hits problems and gets delayed they tell us that too.

It's a fine line between building anticipation and causing disappointment and they need to be free to adjust, change, add or scrap ideas and plans as they see fit.  They already involve and listen to the community and the game is where it is now and constantly improving  because of that.

13 hours ago, pandaman said:

As much as it may seem nice to have an idea what features are being seriously considered for the future the current 'system' is probably the best approach.  We get regular devnotes and updates where they often tell us what they are working on, and if it hits problems and gets delayed they tell us that too.

It's a fine line between building anticipation and causing disappointment and they need to be free to adjust, change, add or scrap ideas and plans as they see fit.  They already involve and listen to the community and the game is where it is now and constantly improving  because of that.

I guess you are totally right. I suppose we are not entitled to a roadmap. Even when i consider this game has officially been released and i paid for it. It is nice Squad keeps us in the loop weekly and that Squad is so engaged with the community. I am not a hardcore gamer. I am not involved with other communities so i cannot compare. People say this is one of the most constructive communities and its relationship with developers is exceptional. That sounds entirely plausible and for that i am grateful. I guess what made me start this topic was that, the information that Squad did make available, has been spread over such a long time and has become fragmanted. Hard to keep track of.
I understand that any changes of mind on squads side will inevitably disapoint some people. However, Squad could share only definative information in a way such as official cooperation with the ''planned features'' Wiki page (i also realise this is not, and should not be, their priority).
On another note, personally, i feel that Squad is allowed to change their minds. I wouldn't and don't whine when they do. People shouldn't. Voicing your opinion is something else. Thanks to this forum we can :). It is up to Sqaud what to do with said opinions.

1 hour ago, Robje said:

However, Squad could share only definative information in a way such as official cooperation with the ''planned features'' Wiki page (i also realise this is not, and should not be, their priority).

There is no definitive information.
That's the whole thing everyone is trying to explain here.

Any kind of roadmap beyond 'this is what we are working on right now' is a wishlist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.