Engine numbering on my aircraft?

How so? I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want to add action groups (If not skip this paragraph) just go to the tab, click on the part, click on the number, and the arrow on the part label....

If it's staging, just all in one like it is.

If labelling, 1-2-3-4-5 all in stage 1 I guess

Please specify your question more...

Edited by AlextheBodacious

4 minutes ago, AlextheBodacious said:

Please specify your question more...

Sorry. What I meant was that in airplanes, engines are numbered 1-x, usually from left to right. But my aircraft has multiple engines on multiple layers, so how would I number them then?

What would numbering these engines accomplish for you? You don't have maintenance actiond to track. Failure messages don't specify which instance of a part was damaged or destroyed.

i can see where this might come into play during roleplay, but as far as the gameplay goes it doesn't go into those sorts of details.

Personally, I'd go for a logical numbering from the pilot's point of view.

So from left to right in columns:

1 . 4 . 7 . 10
.  3 . 6 . 9 .
2 . 5 . 8 . 11

This means that for cockpit controls, they can be grouped in a line for the pilot, with upper/lower engines in each grouping:

1 2 // 3 // 4  5 // 6 // 7 8 // 9 // 10 11

Far left / far right controls are therefore easily identified as being for the outer four engines, while the hexagonal arrangement is easily conceptualised as being three individual engines (3 6 9) in line with the wings, separated by two pairs of upper/lower engines.

And identification of controls by touch alone is simpler with this arrangement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.