mun Geo stationary orbit

decemberstorm

It isn\'t possible when orbiting the Mun. But if you\'re orbiting Kerbin and in the exact same orbit as the Mun, but ahead or behind, you\'ll technically be in a *munostationary orbit.

* Edited.

• 2 years later...
A Munostationary orbit, which would stay over the same spot on the Mun\'s surface, is impossible. You would be captured by Kerbin.

Odd. I know I completed a contract for a Minmustationary contract (and had to have a certain feature "in view"). With KSP's physics hack, I'm pretty sure the question comes down to "is an orbit with the diamater necessary for a stationary orbit inside the Mun's sphere of influence or not". KSP doesn't include N-body physics. If you are orbiting the Mun you shouldn't leave the Mun's sphere of influence (unless it is doing something weird like leaving and catching you again. I may have seen that). Once you do, you can be captured by Kerbin.

It isn\'t possible when orbiting the Mun.

Candre's words are as true today as they were when first posted two-and-a-half years ago. Let us allow his immortal wisdom to return to its long, well-earned sleep.