Mars support Life (Facts)

Amine13

We've had the tech to do manned missions to Mars for a while now, it's just that Earth's governments aren't that interested in space travel.

Also, it's a dead planet, even if it once had life in it's past it's since lost most of it's atmosphere, oceans, and has literally rusted away. It's highly unlikely that there's any life on it at the moment.

Edited by DolphinDude3

8 hours ago, RainDreamer said:

Looks like a bot. Not sure if want to give view.

Bots can do that? There's a description and everything. Even the formatting is done correct. I say it's a person. If someone developed a bot that could do that, I'd like to know how it works. 

Edited by Findthepin1

19 hours ago, DolphinDude3 said:

We've had the tech to do manned missions to Mars for a while now, it's just that Earth's governments aren't that interested in space travel.

Also, it's a dead planet, even if it once had life in it's past it's since lost most of it's atmosphere, oceans, and has literally rusted away. It's highly unlikely that there's any life on it at the moment.

Agreed, my bet is that Mars is 100% sterile.

19 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Agreed, my bet is that Mars is 100% sterile.

If you use Earth's definition of "life" probably so. However, we must approach the search for life with the understanding that there may be silica-based life out there, opposed to our carbon-based life on Earth.

Just now, Motokid600 said:

You don't think there could be single celled subsurface life? I do. I want to know what's in those caves.

Honestly, no. But then again what the hell do I know. Having said that, microbes would have had to have survived there for billions of years. Those caves would have to be very, very stable, as in the conditions must remain unchanged for billions of years. I just can't see that happen.

We will learn a lot from Mars but I honestly think Earth is the only world in the solar system with 'life'.

7 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Honestly, no. But then again what the hell do I know. Having said that, microbes would have had to have survived there for billions of years. Those caves would have to be very, very stable, as in the conditions must remain unchanged for billions of years. I just can't see that happen.

We will learn a lot from Mars but I honestly think Earth is the only world in the solar system with 'life'.

Surely the conditions in those caves has been stable for that long. We know there's sub surface water. So if these caves are warmer, wetter and lack the radiation then the chances of life surely are greater. That's the place to look regardless. 

No offense, but I hope your wrong, lol. Europa is probably the best candidate. I want to think there's complex life under that ice. But chances are it's just simple organisms if anything.

I'm willing to bet simple life is more wide spread then we think. 

Edited by Motokid600

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Surely the conditions in those caves has been stable for that long. We know there's sub surface water. So if these caves are warmer, wetter and lack the radiation then the chances of life surely are greater. That's the place to look regardless. 

No offense, but I hope your wrong, lol. Europa is probably the best candidate. I want to think there's complex life under that ice. But chances are it's just simple organisms if anything.

But even our caves aren't stable over billions of years.

11 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

If you use Earth's definition of "life" probably so. However, we must approach the search for life with the understanding that there may be silica-based life out there, opposed to our carbon-based life on Earth.

Silica life is considered unlikely due to the tendancy of long silicon compounds to degrade more quickly and be less stable.

3 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Or you know, just under a meter of soil. The caves may not be stable forever, but bacteria and microorganisms live in the ground on Earth.

2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

I hope I am wrong too! I really do.

Just now, fredinno said:

Silica life is considered unlikely due to the tendancy of long silicon compounds to degrade more quickly and be less stable.

Or you know, just under a meter of soil. The caves may not be stable forever, but bacteria and microorganisms live in the ground on Earth.

Yes they do but Earth is 100% habitable. It really is an island paradise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.