AirLift One

Castille7

Sector 7 Space Laboratories - Dropship Division

AirLift One

AirLift One is capable of transporting small craft for Land Drops or at Sea. After flight test the forward thrust engines were better off being an option, the craft file provided is going to have the Whiplash Engines rather then the Vector Engines, the Vector Engines will thrust the craft forward with a surprisingly quick jolt of speed giving the craft better handling, on the other hand the Whiplash Engines will give more flight time. With three Pilots, two Engineers, a Cargo Operations Chief and Passengers the total personnel is near 40. The Engine Room is much like other large Dropships I've built and the action is very sluggish also. 

Operations:
Engage SAS & RCS at liftoff with full throttle, spacebar will egnite lift engines, when desired pressing spacebar a second time will egnite rear engines to travel forward. Engines are set up to toggle group actions 1 & 2, do not kill the lift engines until a high enought speed is reached to maintain flight. When landing reduce throttle to half and increase as needed using the letter K for the downward RCS thrust to land gently. Note: All large craft that I have built require lots of patience but are challenging and fun.

Engineer's Report

Parts - 766
Mass - 226.7t
Height - 11.3m
Width - 23.7m
Lenght - 19.7m

Craft File - AirLift One

Edited by castille7

17 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

Impressive!

I'm tempted to save the craft to look at it in times when I feel I'm not doing a certain task efficiently enough.

The craft has lots of potential to possibly add more fuel, remove cabins, increase the bay door maybe....

9 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

The big, 4-ton rocket engines? Interesting.

At first test I thought for sure it was going to fly apart and surprisingly it held together, I just wish it wouldn't eat so much fuel with the Vectors!!

I would like to add that 4-ton rocket engines do affect liftoff and landing may not be achievable 

Edited by castille7

40 minutes ago, Jon144 said:

766 PARTS? How has your computer not melted?

Alienware 17 is a gaming machine not from this world....haha  I love KSP so much I had to get something to have fun with it!

My Omega 7 Station is at 1433, talk about a slow ride to orbit!

Edited by castille7

48 minutes ago, castille7 said:

Alienware 17 is a gaming machine not from this world....haha  I love KSP so much I had to get something to have fun with it!

My Omega 7 Station is at 1433, talk about a slow ride to orbit!

Lucky! I've had to figure out ways of low-part techniques because I know that anyone using my designs probably don't have great computers. I'm surprised that my last mega-truck is only 330 parts yet has stock axles and other hydraulic mechanics built in. Especially when this version of KSP has been pretty laggier compared to others.

1 hour ago, Jon144 said:

Lucky! I've had to figure out ways of low-part techniques because I know that anyone using my designs probably don't have great computers. I'm surprised that my last mega-truck is only 330 parts yet has stock axles and other hydraulic mechanics built in. Especially when this version of KSP has been pretty laggier compared to others.

It's not like KSP isn't challenging enough already! :D

1 hour ago, PointySideUp said:

Very cool dropship, unfortunately my PC can't really handle it and I hover between 1 and 2 fps.  Mostly 1.  :)  Love the details in the engine bay!

Thank you! I have a few low part count VTOL craft like this one Minute if you would like to try other vtol craft Inkling and Crosshair which is a 142 part count.

Edited by castille7

42 minutes ago, Redshift OTF said:

Wow amazing. Nice work!

Thank you!!

13 hours ago, Evanitis said:

Impressive!

I'm tempted to save the craft to look at it in times when I feel I'm not doing a certain task efficiently enough.

Thank you!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.