Planes bouncing on water

I've had this issue with several planes using the mk1 and mk2 cockpits: if I float them to the water they can move around and stay safe, I can get out of the cockpit and the plane survives with no issues, but as soon as I try to reenter the cockpit, the plane bounces around and explodes, is this some weird ksp behavior and I should learn to deal with it or is there anything that I can do to stop my planes from exploding?

3 hours ago, Noobton said:

as soon as I try to reenter the cockpit, the plane bounces around and explodes

Quite aside from any practical solutions that the fine folks on this thread may offer you:  the game really shouldn't be doing that.  A plane floating at rest in the water shouldn't bounce around and explode, unless you're doing something weird like aggressively clipping parts or something.

Therefore:  have you reported a bug?  We're in experimentals for 1.1 right now, last chance to get bug reports in and have a reasonable chance that they might get fixed in 1.1.  Report it!

(And attach your .craft file, and/or .sfs file, to the bug.)

3 hours ago, Noobton said:

I just reproduced it on stock 1.05 on a new save and uploaded the .craft to the bug report

Great!

For those of us who are interested in such things, could you post a link to the bug?  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.