No nosecone, 2 intakes on sides, two canards, and one thruster. Make it fly!

So, I made a simplistic plane with a view.

It lands upside down, just because it can. It's rather stable without SAS, does mach 0.96 at sea level. I got it to 650 m/s in a dive from 20 KM up and did not crash into the ocean. Steering is very slow but easy. Unfortunately, it cannot take off on its wheels, so I could not get it back to the KSP base.

http://imgur.com/a/Nv3iO

Tadaa, at first I wanted to put a parachute as a nosecone, but then I remembered the thrust reverser!
a little bit scary when landing this thing, with a high angle of attack and no clear view of the runway from the cockpit!

Well, I decided to go ahead and take a swing at this in (I hope) the spirit of the challenge.  This little plane gains lift only from a pair of canards, as specified, and has only a single engine, although it lacks the intakes specified because said engine, while only useful in-atmosphere, isn't air-breathing in the sense that would require them.

Its range is, effectively, almost unlimited in terms of flying around Kerbin, but it's not exactly the fastest of planes.  Still, Jeb seemed to have a lot of fun flying around in it.

4 minutes ago, Aetharan said:

Well, I decided to go ahead and take a swing at this in (I hope) the spirit of the challenge.  This little plane gains lift only from a pair of canards, as specified, and has only a single engine, although it lacks the intakes specified because said engine, while only useful in-atmosphere, isn't air-breathing in the sense that would require them.

Its range is, effectively, almost unlimited in terms of flying around Kerbin, but it's not exactly the fastest of planes.  Still, Jeb seemed to have a lot of fun flying around in it.

Great job!  Slap on dat badge- you deserve it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.