How To Stop Your Rocket Tipping Over ~ Tutorial

I usually tip over after drinking too much.... just sayin... y'know... and I dinna think pressing T will help... :):):)

Good info.... I needed to know that.... I won't be using MechJeb any more.... not for launching...

Edited by kiwi1960

Keep in mind that this does not work in Career mode unless you have a pilot-class Kerbal that's already been to orbit and back once, or a probe core from a few hundred science points down the tree. So you won't be able to get around some manual flying. Better learn how to do it right without relying on SAS! :P 

Sorry, but no...this wasn't useful at all and neither was your "How to get into orbit tutorial.  Both VERY badly oversimplify things and leave out almost all of the relevant information.

How do you make a tutorial on not tipping over and have no mention of where to keep your center of mass?  Or drag?  Or any kind of aerodynamics at all?  No mention of using fins?  Nothing about when to limit your speed?  Not even symmetry?

How do you do a tutorial on getting to orbit and not even mention the delta-V requirements or ascent profile?

If you need SAS not to have your rocket flipping, then your rocket is badly designed or your ascent profile poorly execute. You shouldn't need SAS until 30 or 40km high.

Also, following prograde is not enough to save you from badly designed rockets.

I also agree that your tutorial is oversimplified and not really useful to a new player who need tips to go to LKO.

Also, a very useful and detailed tutorial already exists

Edited by Warzouz

Locked this thread up because it went pretty out of control. "Tipped," according to the OP, actually a very good description.

I'd like to remind some of the posters here that indeed, pressing the SAS button is a very good tip for helping your rocket not tip over. In fact, this step is so important that I'm glad @KerbalSpace took the time to tell everybody about it. After all, launching a huge rocket to, say, Jool, would be pretty difficult without the awesome SAS button. Also, kudos to @Streetwind for his excellent advice along with the OP's topic!