The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

Is it calling her fat? Better ask her to drop the payload fairings.

I would never call anyone fat. I would rather mention that they might be more comfortable on, say, Minmus

And I just noticed what a devil of a post you had there. #666!!!

Edited by justidutch

I'm not going to lie to you; one day I was reading a comic about polandball-style planets in which they each had halloween costumes. By the end of the comic(when Mars kicked the Moon into the Sun), I questioned myself "hey, where's Minmus?"

That's one of the signs that you've played too much KSP. :sticktongue:

I would never call anyone fat. I would rather mention that they might be more comfortable on, say, Minmus

And I just noticed what a devil of a post you had there. #666!!!

Nah, Gilly.

Or maybe you'd get stuck in their orbit if you were in space.

I knew I was playing too much KSP when I saw a video of cheerleaders playing with a hula hoop cam (you can google that if you want to see it, I'm not going to bother with a link) and my first thought was that it was a beautiful example of orbital dynamics.

You know you play too much KSP when: Your co-worker tells that his dog jumped in a hole with water in it and couldn't get up, because it was too deep, and you start thinking the dogs TWR was too small and he was stuck in the gravitywell...

When you spend the entirety of 'Gravity' naming ISS modules and pointing out physics errors.

My girlfriend was so pissed. Also, structure positioning errors. And shuttle mission number errors. And not-having-safety-RCS-pack errors.

Great movie though.

I questioned myself "hey, where's Minmus?"

That's one of the signs that you've played too much KSP. :sticktongue:

I made a facebook post of my home christmas lights, and prominently visible were the Moon and Jupiter. My brain kept telling me it was Minmus.

I saw a video of cheerleaders playing with a hula hoop -snip- and my first thought was that it was a beautiful example of orbital dynamics.

Or the round spinning thing in that windmill in Ocarina of time. I was running the opposite to its rotation going to the middle to move forward, and to the edge to move back. There's a rendezvous technique right there.

On a recent (yay southern hemisphere) beach holiday, I was learning to surf, and something in the back of my mind kept telling me: "This is free Delta V."

Lastly, I ate a planet last night.

SKikNhX.jpg

Though seriously; if you've ever having trouble getting kerbals out of your mind, to focus on real life stuff, go read a good book. Must be a really good one. They're great for flushing the mind out.

Edited by Tw1

Whenever I'm working on my own, with no radio (Booooo), all I can hear, looped, is the music from the VAB and orbit/space. Also, at lunch, when everyone around me is talking about football/Breaking Bad/latest generic reality/celebrity programme, I'm designing new lifters/space station modules in my head. Also, a lean-to frame I was making the other day was looking a bit ropey, my first comment was "It needs some struts". My boss looked at me like I was a dog that had just learned a new trick. Turns out he was thinking of a different kind of strut. My new nicknames at work are Space Cadet and Lost in Space. :D

You know you have been playing KSP too much when you are tired at night and you try to dock a ship, realize that there is no RCS on it, and keep trying. Funny story actually i did do that, and i decoupled the nuclear engine and used an ion thruster to serve as RCS. I could turn fast because the probe by then was so small that i could just twist it instantly, at which point i realized that i didn't have any solar panels... I made it dock but man did i really forget alot of things that day :P

You know you have been playing KSP too much when you are tired at night and you try to dock a ship, realize that there is no RCS on it, and keep trying. Funny story actually i did do that, and i decoupled the nuclear engine and used an ion thruster to serve as RCS. I could turn fast because the probe by then was so small that i could just twist it instantly, at which point i realized that i didn't have any solar panels... I made it dock but man did i really forget alot of things that day :P

Other than that i actually have extremely hallucinating dreams where i am building a rocket, or playing a video game, and strangely, they make me kinda go crazy cuz of annoydness.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.