The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

I'd be a bit worried if the people working on my satellite didn't know those terms. It'd be like if your mechanic opened the hood and looked around confused, mouthing the word "radiator" to himself over and over again.

Then again, it's one thing to be on the team of folks who are building a satellite, and another to be on the team who are launching it. Shoot, unless it's a very small outfit, I would wager there's yet another team entirely who will be actually communicating with/operating the satellite.

Yup Cubesat...first time I realized that I actually CAN'T design spacecraft all that well.

Very cool. Wish that stuff had been around when I was in school. A school down the street from where I grew up had a cubesat aboard the Minotaur I rocket that launched out of Virginia last month :)

I'm 16. You know what taught me to type? Not all the fancy programs, games, or essays. What taught me to type was the KSP forums. No joke :P

Same, just add in typing commands for minecraft, I am 16 as well. At least until the 12th of this month

I actually felt like this at a cross-country meet a few months ago... I was beginning to speed up before the finish and kept mumbling stuff like "...Isp doesn't matter...delta-V doesn't matter...no, not at this point...I have to maximize my TWR!" I think I got some weird looks from the guy in front of me.

I've also now started saying absolutely everything in metrics despite living in America. A friend I was visiting a few weeks ago asked me why I was giving all my distances in km, and I told her somewhat awkwardly that it was "probably because of Kerbal Space Program".

I like the metric system better than the imperial as well

Lesse...

-I've accidentally called our fourth planet 'Duna.'

-There are a trio of soldiers in my game of X-Com named Bill, Bob, and Jeb.

-In Crusader Kings, the VonKerman dynasty has taken over most of Europe, and is trying to figure out how to conquer the moon.

-I can no longer watch any science fiction movie because the ships don't thrust in the correct direction.

-Scott Manley and Kurt are A-list celebs in my brain.

-I get very confused when people don't know who those two are.

Yup

When writing in your journal you talk about an intercept with Jool.

I haven't done it with Jool, just the Mun and Mimmus

When you watch youtube videos of KSP, zone out, snap back and then try to change the camera view, stage or open the map

Also had a fun moment today in my Maths Mechanics class when our teacher explained Impulse=force*time and i responded with :"It all makes sense now!"

this resulting in my teacher being slightly taken aback, thinking i was being in-sincere, and my class-mates thinking i was completely insane.

Your steam playing time consists of more hours of KSP than the rest of your games combined.

You plan massive Jool system explorations on your job downtime while waiting for guests.

This. Both. So much!

You daydream and draw out a ship design for later use in KSP.

You annoy all your friends when they start talking about the movie Gravity.

You show any interest in learning C#

You can't wait for a Jeb plushie and/or have a bumper sticker that says "I brake for Lithospheres"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.