KSP in your dreams?

Tim_Barrett

Just curious, because have just remember that last night I had a pretty wacko dream about Kerbal Space Program. Some of them that I have had in the past somehow gave me insight for future projects, although I cannot remember them thoroughly anymore.

So, people, have you experienced this before? I\'d think it would be funny to see more than one person with one specific kind of dream...\

EDIT: I will post mine soon, if I can remember it all the way through. Pending.

It was an undetermined time and place in the future of KSP, and I was playing multiplayer with a few of my relatives. It looked like that we have spent weeks on building a gigantic ship in orbit to go to another solar system in hope of landing on a new planet. The ship was ten times as large as anything I have built as of now. The interface and interactions with the environment while in EVA mode was very similar to garry\'s mod.

It takes a day to make the trip, and another to prepare the landing. The landing capsule that us (three to five) people were going to use was not conventional, and actually a VTOL lander truck. However, just before leaving the mothership, we are hit by some unknown debris in orbit. Catastrophic damage.

The mile-long ship loses control and starts falling into the planet. Most of the external bridges collapse killing all of the NPC crew members. In panic, we decide to leave, but did not have our ship filled with enough fuel. We realized that after we left. Large pieces of scrap metal slowly pass us and crash into the planet.

----

Slowing down just enough, we soften the landing by quite a bit, preventing our own deaths will minimal damages. The landing vehicle, however, was upside down after rolling in it for a few minutes.

Fortunately (somehow), we had everything we needed to make a small base. Farms, mining utilities, and other things were added to our lopsided vehicle for makeshift shelter. Later, we built a large radio tower/dish thing to send a rescue signal since there was no way any time soon that they would get back. Years pass.

(I will add more to this soon, I don\'t have enough time to get all of my thoughts together right now)

I had a dream where I and somebody I know over steam had been using some sort of multiplayer VAB to construct a gigantic space station. I had the job of constructing the space station and he had to figure out how to launch it into orbit =P . As we were taking off a strut snapped and sent all of the radially attached engines to soar up, tilt and smash into the space station at the top of the rocket. Everything fell apart and we plummeted to the surface, crushing a city :-[

I woke up and found myself hanging off of the rail of the bunk bed by my leg :P

I never had one :( but i did just have a dream of playing terraria! uh, idk how to describe it, it was... normal.

I also had a dream of my joystick was working again playing with it in fsx! (MY JOYSTICK WORKS NOW!!! WOOOT)

Last night, I dreamt about launching the IRL High Altitude Balloon (which is indeed very kerbal) that I was working on for the last year. Everything went perfectly, from the filling of the balloon to the GPS tracking, and once we recovered the payload, I went out to dinner with my crush...

...Like a sir.

I was sick, and dreamt of a ksp full of gas giants a few months ago

The view was the regular 3rd person view of the ship.. i was traveling in straight lines around the gas giants, when a black hole sucked me in, it sent me to another system, full of holes and a gas giant. i didnt have much fuel left so i went for a landing on the gas giant, and landed in some sort of desert full of oil rigs.. 8)

go figure.. ???

Reminds me of the Belle and Sebastian song 'A Space Boy Dream'

'I dreamt I had to go to Mars.

I’m always kidding on about going to mars in the day

But faced with the reality of it, in a dream, I was terrified.

And it wasn’t going to be like a moon trip

There was three of us going, but we couldn’t all go on the same ship

We had to go one at a time with a day between us.

I had to go first, and it was the thought of passing through all that black space

All the darkness with nothing in it, and then being the first one to land there, all alone...

I knew it was supposed to be all dark around, with just a red surface,

But what if I got there and it was light, all civilised and populated and stuff?

So I made a plan.

The other astronauts were going to be my dad and my sister and my dad would come first after me,

So I decided when I landed I would just stay in my seat until he got there

And then we could get out together and have a look around and see what sort of things were there.

And when I woke up and I was lying in the darkness, I thought I had landed.

And I just lay still for a while, waiting for my dad to get there too.'

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream on Tuesday where 0.16 came out, and minmus was recolored to grey (mountains) and blue (lakes), and looked really nice. It also had asteroids around it. Also, Meander (a green gas planet) was added, and MechJeb accidenntly flew me there, and i landed there, and humans were on there!

I had a dream not to long ago that I was exploring really far out in space and I came across a new solar system. There was a planet that looked like the planet from the movie Avatar. My ship had a spaceplane at the top so I flew around the planet and there were cliffs and floating islands and it was pretty cool. Then I found a city and I landed there. Do I play too much?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.