Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

So if the strongback is up, I'm guessing that the clock will reset to around T minus 5 minutes... and there it goes.]

Was T-5:13, now T-10:42

http://spaceflight101.com/falcon-9-dragon-countdown-timeline/

or if this is the full-thrust variant:

http://spaceflight101.com/falcon-9-ft-countdown-timeline/

Edited by WuphonsReach

1 minute ago, Motokid600 said:

Theres no way they can keep the fuel temps where they need to be by time there ready to go again.

They were speaking of recycling, not holding out. They have two or three cycles in the launch window, but as has been discussed before, this whole supercooling thing makes the process tedious and prone to failure.

8 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

90 minutes I heard. Half hour to load fuel, maybe there's still a chance?

if they need to replace the propellants by a fresh batch, they need to fully drain the propellants before. (it's not instantaneous to empty the tanks) + the 30mn to refuel it. the 'lox' venting we saw was simply the boiloff that accumulated since they closed the valves.

for now they keep topping off, but the more they wait, the more the propellants heat up, and the less overall performances they'll have (as the propellants becomes less dense as it heats up, they need to remove some of it, so less delta-V)

Edited by sgt_flyer

2 minutes ago, fredinno said:

I thinkhe was trying to get a better view of the rocket...:)

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

A better view of the rocket?  Tie him up right underneath it at launch.

Edited by Leszek

1 minute ago, benjee10 said:

I imagine Elon Musk himself descending from the helicopter on a harness screaming obscenities at the people on the boat.

And as he's just about to reach the deck they all throw their hands up and scream: "It's just a prank bro!"

Edited by KerbonautInTraining

Good thing they held it. I would of missed the launch, but not launching is bad.

EDIT Did they say the 29th of feb? is it scubbed

EDIT 2 Apparently not

Edited by Dfthu