Okay, first thing first. I am running version 1.0.5 on Steam, no mods. I have no crash report, the game hasn't crashed yet and there are no screen caps because...there is nothing to capture.

On two separate missions, it won't let me place a maneuver node. I click on my orbital path but nothing happens. It only seems to happen when i am orbiting Mun, and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I'll try to get a crash report next time it happens.

Here is the link for my system specs. http://download1490.mediafire.com/bczs6tw6h3rg/n45nbmefeqhoc9c/DxDiag.txt

1.  If you're in career mode, you need to have upgraded mission control and the tracking station in order to place nodes.  Probably not the issue here if it's only occurring some of the time, but I'll mention it just in case you're working with multiple different save files or something...

2.  Make sure you're not in time warp while trying to place the node.

3.  There does seem to be a bug which sometimes prevents you from placing nodes.  Mostly only happens with hyperbolic paths though(like when you're on an escape trajectory).

8 hours ago, phantom000 said:

Okay, first thing first. I am running version 1.0.5 on Steam, no mods. I have no crash report, the game hasn't crashed yet and there are no screen caps because...there is nothing to capture.

On two separate missions, it won't let me place a maneuver node. I click on my orbital path but nothing happens. It only seems to happen when i am orbiting Mun, and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I'll try to get a crash report next time it happens.

Here is the link for my system specs. http://download1490.mediafire.com/bczs6tw6h3rg/n45nbmefeqhoc9c/DxDiag.txt

Logs? Also Mediafire doesn't work you have to put them in here. You can get the output log if I remember by going into KSP_DATA.

6 hours ago, Hodari said:

1.  If you're in career mode, you need to have upgraded mission control and the tracking station in order to place nodes.  Probably not the issue here if it's only occurring some of the time, but I'll mention it just in case you're working with multiple different save files or something...

2.  Make sure you're not in time warp while trying to place the node.

3.  There does seem to be a bug which sometimes prevents you from placing nodes.  Mostly only happens with hyperbolic paths though(like when you're on an escape trajectory).

^^^ Are you in career mode? In timewarp? Screenshots?

On 15/04/2016 at 10:01 PM, Hodari said:

Yes, this sounds like it could be the issue.

Other situations where placing a maneuvre node doesn't work:

- if you already have a later node plotted: this is variable and I haven't worked out exactly what circumstances cause it, but it seems to be the case that if you plot two burns, then execute one and delete it, it's often impossible to place a new node before the next one...

- if you have an encounter with another SOI. Most painful in interplanetary transfers: if you have a solar Ap or Pe before entering the next SOI, you can place a node after Ap/Pe and drag it back to your ship. If you don't have Ap or Pe, you might have to switch away and back to your ship before being able to place a new node.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.