64bit OSX

Ok, so question with an obvious answer (probably), how does one run KSP 64bit on OS X? I cannot seem to find the option for it or the file to launch it in 64bit mode, and I don't believe this is the default mode as my version number isn't followed by (x64) I am running 1.1.0.1230 for reference. Any help is much appreciated and I apologize in advance if I've missed something obvious. 

There are instructions on reddit (I think) and links to them on the forums here. Basically you need to download the right version of Unity and copy the files from inside the app package into KSP. YMMV but its worked fine for me...

It appears that there was an obvious answer after all, for OS X the default IS 64bit, this is not, however, reflected in the version number, but if one checks the activity monitor on OS X under the disk tab KSP is shown as being a 64bit program. So unless the mac is misreading something (possible) this seems to be the answer. I do request that at the next update SQUAD modify the version number to include ether x32 or x64 at the end of the version number so that it is completely unambiguous as to which version is being run. Thanks SQUAD. 

Edited by CaLVin-K
Grammar

11 minutes ago, CaLVin-K said:

It appears that there was an obvious answer after all, for OS X the default IS 64bit, this is not however reflected in the version number but if one checks the activity monitor on OS X under the disk tab KSP is shown as being a 64bit program. So unless the mac is misreading something (possible) this seems to be the answer. I do request that at the next update SQUAD modify the version number to include x32 or x64 at the end of the version number so that it is completely unambiguous as to which version is being run. Thanks SQUAD. 

No, Activity Monitor clearly lists it as being 32 bit. If you have 64-bit then you've either already hacked your copy or you're on the 1.1 pre-release.

A Google search for "KSP 64-bit OSX" gives that reddit thread as one of the first few hits.

I can't really recommend it since you could end up having issues - but it works fine for me.

edit  - ahh - didn't see that you are indeed on the new version 1.1. So yes, it is supposed to be 64-bit by default.

Edited by Plusck

11 minutes ago, Plusck said:

edit  - ahh - didn't see that you are indeed on the new version 1.1. So yes, it is supposed to be 64-bit by default.

There have been multiple versions of 1.1 released? Someone should make an announcement somewhere. 

Just now, CaLVin-K said:

There have been multiple versions of 1.1 released? Someone should make an announcement somewhere. 

Just the pre-release versions which have a couple of subforums and thousands of posts dedicted to them ; )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.