[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll make the changes, but this is going to be a problem;  if someone installs a mod and then deletes it via CKAN, the directory remains behind, which will screw things up. :-)

Yeah, that issue has been brought up in the past.  I think CKAN removes the directory as long as there are no files in it, but plenty of mods store settings somewhere in their directory, so in those cases it ends up not getting removed.

11 hours ago, G'th said:

Ah well thats fair. 

And there it is. Gotta love syntax.

Actually, the spaces were wrong. The problem was the underscores in the B9_

I just uploaded a fix:

Replaced _ with ? for B9
Changed the B9_Rocketry to B9_Rocketry_HX (with questionmarks)
Removed spaces around the &

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

When i use this with module manager 2.6.25 the top node of all the structural parts disappears. I am running no other mods.

That is, ummm, strange.

I usually need the log file, but was able to replicate this.  One thing you should have mentioned was if it was ALL structural parts or just the KW parts

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That is, ummm, strange.

I usually need the log file, but was able to replicate this.  One thing you should have mentioned was if it was ALL structural parts or just the KW parts

Quick fix:  Delete the following file: KWCommunityFixes/KWPatch-interstage.cfg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the work you've put in to packaging and updating the mod! I have been experiencing an issue where the engine cones default to their "hot" texture. Are there any known fixes for this? It only occurs on the KW engines, and they always appear glowing red as if they had been running.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, AceCS1989 said:

Thanks for the work you've put in to packaging and updating the mod! I have been experiencing an issue where the engine cones default to their "hot" texture. Are there any known fixes for this? It only occurs on the KW engines, and they always appear glowing red as if they had been running.

Thanks!

You need to have the latest version of ModuleManager installed

8 hours ago, AceCS1989 said:

Thanks!

In addition to what linuxgurugamer said, make sure you don't have any previous installation of KW or the community fixes sitting around.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this pack! Models are beautiful :)

I had a look but couldn't find a forum thread about this - is there a list of what the real-life counterpart for each engine is? Or does anyone know and wouldn't mind typing it out here? Thanks muchly xx

On 6/21/2016 at 9:43 PM, Goody1981 said:

Love this pack! Models are beautiful :)

I had a look but couldn't find a forum thread about this - is there a list of what the real-life counterpart for each engine is? Or does anyone know and wouldn't mind typing it out here? Thanks muchly xx

No idea, you would have to contact the original developers.

It seems that the KW tanks are really heavier than the stock ones for the globally same amount of L-OX and size 

EDIT : Rockomax X200-32

2.0 t = 1440L 1760Ox

And KW SB-1 LFT :

10.66 t = 840L 1056Ox

Is that the same for you ?

Edited by iDInkeD06

Look at the cfg files:

KW SB-1 LFT:  mass: 1.06, LF: 864, Ox:1056

X200-32:   mass: 2, LF: 1440, Ox: 1760

Doesn't seem out of line, the X200 is about 2x heaver, and can carry more, although not 2x more

Looking at the values for the Vessel at the bottom, after removing all the fuel:

KW SB-1 LFT:  Mass: 1060 kg

X200-32:  Mass: 2000 kg

Edited by linuxgurugamer

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look at the cfg files:

KW SB-1 LFT:  mass: 1.06, LF: 864, Ox:1056

X200-32:   mass: 2, LF: 1440, Ox: 1760

Doesn't seem out of line, the X200 is about 2x heaver, and can carry more, although not 2x more

Looking at the values for the Vessel at the bottom, after removing all the fuel:

KW SB-1 LFT:  Mass: 1060 kg

X200-32:  Mass: 2000 kg

I've seen the same in cfg files, but not in game. 

I'll reinstall, maybe come from any corrupt/old file

EDIT : This did not resolve anything still get the same mass bug and .cfg files still indicate the right mass : 

Spoiler

eftWG0x.pngjZ6lgTd.pngMPNa0Wn.png

I don't understand where it's from

Edited by iDInkeD06

5 hours ago, iDInkeD06 said:

EDIT : This did not resolve anything still get the same mass bug and .cfg files still indicate the right mass : 

Hide contents

Neither do I, but if you look at the mass of the vessel in the VAB/SPH, you will see the correct values (mass should be at the bottom of the screen).

5 hours ago, iDInkeD06 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Here's what's going on.  The X200-32 has fuel switching options, so it only displays the dry mass.  The KW one does not, so it displays the whole mass.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Neither do I, but if you look at the mass of the vessel in the VAB/SPH, you will see the correct values (mass should be at the bottom of the screen).

Effectively, it's related to the fact below so, thanks :wink: 

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Here's what's going on.  The X200-32 has fuel switching options, so it only displays the dry mass.  The KW one does not, so it displays the whole mass.

Oh ok :confused: Thank you !:D

Edited by iDInkeD06

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

Ok, so now I'm puzzled.  What sort of "fuel switching options" does the x200 have, and how do you change it?

I just looked at both, and, other than the fact that the X200 has tags in the file, I don't see any significant difference.  And right-clicking the tanks have the same result

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, so now I'm puzzled.  What sort of "fuel switching options" does the x200 have, and how do you change it?

I just looked at both, and, other than the fact that the X200 has tags in the file, I don't see any significant difference.  And right-clicking the tanks have the same result

If you look at the screenshot iDInkeD06 provided, you can see that the X200-32 has the InterstellarFuelSwitch module.  Not sure exactly what mod adds it, but my guess would be Color Coded Canisters.

Has anyone else had any issues since the 1.1.3 update? Since then my existing rockets no longer decouple from Kw inter-stages both conical and cylindrical. Also in the VAB the conical ones don't attach properly. I have tried removing via CKAN then deleting the Gamedata\KWRocketry folder then reinstalled. It didn't change anything. Have latest version of KW and ModuleManager. Also have IR/Tweakscale and KIS/KAS.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, try it alone without those other mods.  If you still have paroles, post a log file AND a craft file which exhibits the issue.

Thanks for replying. I Removed the other mods and still have the issue. It only seems to be interstages since the KW stack decouplers work ok. Also the attachment issue seems to only be the lower attach node on the 3.75m - 2m interstage and 5m-3.75 interstage. The lower node won't attach to the bottom of the engine bells, but the upper will. I have a screenshot I will attach. I check the debug log but no errors are show after staging but the interstage remains attached and only separates when destroyed by heating of the upper stage. Log and pics linked.

link to log

staging screenshot

node attach screenshot

almost forgot here is craft file  craft file with interstage issue

sorry just realized log link was the wrong ksp log. Here is link for output log file. output_log

Edited by electron2059
wrong log file