fairings and loss of clicking stuff

AlamoVampire

Ok, I am putting this here for visibility sake. I just noticed something very peculiar. When I put a fairing on a ship, be it my primary fairing Procedural Fairing or even that stock fairing, the moment I pin a window, I lose the ability to access my parts via clicking parts or even trying to click away stuff. this ONLY occurs with a fairing on the vessel. Anyone else seeing this? Yes, I run a modded install, MechJeb, Novapunch, KIS/KAS, Proc Fairings. 

LOG:

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_2

Just in case its the persistent file, here that is too, I called it in my game: Test Box Bravo

http://www.filedropper.com/persistent 

Any and all help is welcome. This issue may be game killing for me if I cant use fairings of any kind ya know?

Edited by AlamoVampire

You have to cancel the fairing process (right click) before accessing the part menu again or close the fairing. This starts when you place a fairing plate.

I oddly think though, that this is not your problem and you likely already know all of this :P .

Just now, AlamoVampire said:

@ZooNamedGames i do not use the stock fairings at all, so, their behavior beyond being non user friendly is unknown to me. this is ALSO occurring with PROCEDURAL fairings, so any clue whats up, or am i misunderstanding you entirely, if so, clarifications are really needed here. thanks again :)

I haven't used PFs so I don't know about them.

I'm simply explaining why using the stock fairings might stop you from using the part menu.

ah, well, with proc fairings, you have the fairing base with at least 2 green glue bits as das valdez says, and you place the fairing section onto it with symmetry of at least 2 turned on and it auto sets itself to the shape needed. and as its happening with BOTH stock fairings AND procedural, this may be some odd bug no one noticed or something else, which is why I have provided the output log AND the save file that I am seeing this in. until this is figured out, KSP is basically unplayable for me as well, if i cant access menus from the parts, i cant do anything. @ZooNamedGames

Edited by AlamoVampire

I saw this issue but it had nothing to do with fairings.  I believe pinning the tweakables menus is broken.  Once you pin it, you can't unpin it, it always stays open, regardless of the button and you can't right click anything else.  I was trying to pin two light tweakable menus open to take a screenshot for my mod, and I couldn't get it to happen.

I just  tried it again with a parachute, once it is pinned, it will be there till you leave the scene (in flight).  They seem to work properly in the editors.

Edited by Alshain

26 minutes ago, djnattyd said:

I've noticed this same issue when in the VAB and the only way around it that I've found is to pick a random part out of the parts list, then delete it.

except that could trigger yet ANOTHER bug: random VAB crashing. it is happening to a LOT of us modded and unmodded alike. Since I have stopped pinning things I have not seen this issue.

On 4/24/2016 at 10:59 PM, AlamoVampire said:

Ok, I am putting this here for visibility sake. I just noticed something very peculiar. When I put a fairing on a ship, be it my primary fairing Procedural Fairing or even that stock fairing, the moment I pin a window, I lose the ability to access my parts via clicking parts or even trying to click away stuff. this ONLY occurs with a fairing on the vessel. Anyone else seeing this? Yes, I run a modded install, MechJeb, Novapunch, KIS/KAS, Proc Fairings. 

LOG:

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_2

Just in case its the persistent file, here that is too, I called it in my game: Test Box Bravo

http://www.filedropper.com/persistent 

Any and all help is welcome. This issue may be game killing for me if I cant use fairings of any kind ya know?

I've had it happen to me, but not with fairings. It's happened pretty frequently on spaceplanes, though. Very inconvenient when I need to transfer fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.