Total Weirdness....

This is the second time this has happened to me since using 1.1.2.

The most recent occurrence was flying a probe to Bop. About half way from the end of the Hohmann transfer between essentially a Kerbin orbit and Jool orbit things started to get real choppy. Then after finally arriving into Jool orbit....the craft is gone. Just gone... You can go back to the space center and it can't be found in the tracking center. You can quit game and come back and it is still gone.

In fairness, I was using mechjeb for the Hohmann transfer so that may have been the problem IDK. But after the transfer I killed autopilot and was flying manually at that point. Anyway, when I saw it start getting choppy I hit f5. After realizing no matter what I did the craft wasn't coming back I held down f9. There's the craft right where I left it but its still choppy as hell and headed for the same disappearing act as before. So instead of going straight into warp since I was on a path to Jool I decided to hit the "Z" key to max throttle the engine. As soon as I did that, choppy gone and all was right with the world again.

So if you see this choppy happen...get all over f5 just in case and try to hit "Z" to break the chop. Otherwise you could well be out a 1 million dollar craft.

Edited by Brian444444

have you got other mods installed? or just mechjeb? 
might be interesting to see, if after a bit of savefile editing to remove mechjeb from the craft, if the same thing happens without MJ present. If so that could be a useful save for a bug report. Can you post the save file?

6 minutes ago, katateochi said:

have you got other mods installed? or just mechjeb? 
might be interesting to see, if after a bit of savefile editing to remove mechjeb from the craft, if the same thing happens without MJ present. If so that could be a useful save for a bug report. Can you post the save file?

No other mods installed other than mechjeb.

As of this moment I have marched on and have hit f5 since. I am kinda an f5 junkie because I tend to go afk or tab out of game a lot. Anyway, if it happens again I will do just that. It happened to me once before on a Duna mission. It doesn't happen a lot but as I said it has happened twice. I see no reason to think it won't happen again.

Edited by Brian444444

I have just encounter another "ship eater" kraken!! I found one interplanetary probe with no conection (with remote tech) and when I checked my relay network I found 3 of my 6 LKO communication satellites had vanished, nowhere to be found in the map view or in the tracking station. I had them in a perfectly Hyperedited orbit among their brothers and worked just fine for several in-game months. Then sudenly... pufff. It reminds me to "The Leftovers" series... Why those three and not the others? Why three and not two or four? The Kraken acts in misterious ways indeed...

I run a lot of mods so I can't tell what is the cause of this terrible kraken atack. Kopernikus + Uncharted Lands + Sigma Dimensions maybe... or Hyperedit? No idea. Since 1.1 I'm having glitches, kraken atacks and crashes all the time!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.