Creating a Wing [Solved]

mrfleap

I have recently been trying to create some mods in my spare time, and my friend told me I should make a foldable wing. I've followed the normal steps to create a regular object but I'm having trouble with the model. I created the model in Blender, exported it into Unity, exported it into the .mu and .mbm. After doing this I copied the config file of the Delta wing but encountered an issue. A regular config file has the mesh defined in the PART module, but the wings have a separate module called MODEL. I'm assuming this is the aerodynamic model for the wing, but I can't find anything anywhere about how to create a custom model for this. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I'm in 1.1.2

Edited by mrfleap

17 minutes ago, mrfleap said:

I have recently been trying to create some mods in my spare time, and my friend told me I should make a foldable wing. I've followed the normal steps to create a regular object but I'm having trouble with the model. I created the model in Blender, exported it into Unity, exported it into the .mu and .mbm. After doing this I copied the config file of the Delta wing but encountered an issue. A regular config file has the mesh defined in the PART module, but the wings have a separate module called MODEL. I'm assuming this is the aerodynamic model for the wing, but I can't find anything anywhere about how to create a custom model for this. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I'm in 1.1.2

Hi, The MODEL tag just references the mu file, it is used, in that particular case when several models are grouped together sharing the same folder and texture.  For your mod, if it has it's own folder and texture the using  mesh = model.mu will be fine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.