mod amount

Mod it 'til it crashes Forget that, KSP crashes when not modded. "Mod it 'til it crashes too often for you to decently play it" would be more appropriate.

Anyway, there is no hardcoded limit that I know of, your game will eventually start to run at 5fps in the menus with too much mods, but you should be fine with a "reasonable" amount.

EDIT: by "reasonable" I mean a lot over 50 (I currently use 50 mods on my 1.0.4 install and am fine). With 1.1 you should have no problem with up to 100 as long as your computer is decent

Edited by Gaarst

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Your RAM.

Yeah, in 64x, if you've got at least 8GB of RAM, you should be able to fit any mod you need or want into your install, but it'll still take forever to load.

There is a limit, yeah, but you may never actually hit it. I have a lot of mods, and I've not had any memory problems. I run on a laptop with 6GB. :P

46 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Mod it 'til it crashes Forget that, KSP crashes when not modded. "Mod it 'til it crashes too often for you to decently play it" would be more appropriate.

Anyway, there is no hardcoded limit that I know of, your game will eventually start to run at 5fps in the menus with too much mods, but you should be fine with a "reasonable" amount.

EDIT: by "reasonable" I mean a lot over 50 (I currently use 50 mods on my 1.0.4 install and am fine). With 1.1 you should have no problem with up to 100 as long as your computer is decent

50??? Man you have a powerful computer.

46 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, in 64x, if you've got at least 8GB of RAM, you should be able to fit any mod you need or want into your install, but it'll still take forever to load.

There is a limit, yeah, but you may never actually hit it. I have a lot of mods, and I've not had any memory problems. I run on a laptop with 6GB. :P

Not necessarily. If you have a bad graphics card (I don't know why would have with 8GB of RAM) like me with 4GB of RAM on the CPU any mod that uses more than half a texture per part (AKA texture sharing) busts the card because both models and textures are loaded permanently into the game. DTL should fix this if it were updated for 1.1.

My advice on a good gameplay experience: Mod it until it starts lagging by a considerable amount or til it crashes.

3 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

50??? Man you have a powerful computer.

I play on a laptop. A good laptop but not a gaming laptop.

The amount of mods you can use without too much lag depends on the mods themselves. I'm pretty sure I can run my 50 current mods (link in sig) better than I would just RSS + RVE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.