Can't create a maneuver node

Hi all,

When I did a HyperEdit (v 1.5) jump from Kerbin orbit to Laythe, I can not create maneuver nodes anymore.

Right-click gives be the regular delta-v gauge next to the navigation ball, but it reads "NaN m/s". There is no node drawn in the orbital trajectory, and using MechJeb2 maneuver editor also gives no change.

My KSP is version 1.1.2.1260, MJ2 is 2.5.7.0 from Sarbian's release Jenkins repo.

Also, F5/F9 doesn't help.

Anyone encounter this before? Any workaround? Should I not be using HE or MJ2, or should I report the bug to their forums?

Kind regards,

Snepel

I've experienced this as well. I don't know if it's Hyperedit, the game, or a combination of the two at fault. I've found that if you move the ship (sometimes just rotating is enough, but sometimes you need to do a little burn) the ability to create nodes returns.

22 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I've experienced this as well. I don't know if it's Hyperedit, the game, or a combination of the two at fault. I've found that if you move the ship (sometimes just rotating is enough, but sometimes you need to do a little burn) the ability to create nodes returns.

Yup, that worked (had to do a small burn, probably using HyperEdit causes a division by zero somewhere).

Thanks for the workaround!

On 5/12/2016 at 7:10 PM, snepel said:

Anyone encounter this before?

I have.  I don't think MechJeb has anything to do with it.  Also eliminated PreciseNode as a cause.  The short burn seems to help.

Edited by Fwiffo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.