RA3236's Kerbol Exploration Program - A career playthrough

RA3236

Hello all!!!

This thread is for me to post my status on my career playthrough. It is modded, so I'll list the planned and mods in use below:

Mods in use: lets leave it at too many to list.

Edited by RA3236
Added a HEAP of mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 1: Research

A standard launch compared to most launches, or was it?

The rocket sat on the launch pad, ready to fly to a 250km orbit.

1VLrtF1.png

The rocket underwent takeoff procedures, and proceeded.

YsIRGPG.png

The rocket roared, sending tons of exhaust towards the ground as it flew gracefully through the sky.

zSAM1w9.png

After separation of the main boosters, the rocket continued, doing major course corrections on its way. The tank became lighter, allowing the TWR to increase.

7jAwlzf.png

The ship boosted to orbit, separating the fairings after it left the atmosphere. The payload was finally revealed.

NWWTH65.png

UoL8nFc.png

The rocket circularized, allowing the engine to finally rest as the periapsis raised to 260km.

lwXcLgC.png

3RP8ltv.png

The telescope immediately turned around to take pictures of multiple bodies, and the Kerbals calculated the bodies' positions.

iWCAP4P.png

qUzedkf.png

pJ0uyS9.jpg

z7GIh3i.jpg

BiIpRTC.jpg

L5ZIm6E.png

Yes, I finally got an update out. I might have skipped a lot of the main contracts using Alt-12, but hey, it allows me to make a brand new story :). More to come!!!

Chapter 2: Uhh, two...???

Of course, Gene accepted the contract. I mean, why not, he thought. After all, they had a test aircraft design that could complete it. So Gene sent Jeb on a massive mission to the deserts to complete the good-for-nothing contract.

The plane took off and climbed, turned around and let the autopilot take over for the next twenty minutes.

aQgCP2b.jpg

5X5XBZI.png

WAhtKjb.jpg

Having seen some very beautiful views of Sonnah, Jeb continued to watch it rise over the horizon.

C0yqPb5.png

Jeb entered the deserts, closing in to the waypoints at over 800m/s. And Jeb was finally able to complete the contract.

DE0GDaN.png

As he finished, the Tracking Station activated the autopilot.

No-one noticed it was set to 0, not 90.

And as the plane sped towards the north, Jeb found the area that would be the main base of arche... I've said too much :).

f48fx5T.jpg

Jeb went in for landing, and the object, which was many, became recognisable.

"Oh, my..."

uUI3CGx.jpg

He came out, and simply said, "Hmmm."

fBM7Xzj.png

bYdKhla.png

QfRjIBr.png

T4CU76K.jpg

Okay, crash-test-dummy day for me, as MechJeb flatly refuses to calculate the transfer window from Sonnah to Plock (don't ask). I'm gonna use the Transfer Window planner (because the online one hates me) so I can do a reverse version of "exploring Kerbol".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.