Benji's Light up Command Pods

Benji13

Introducing,

Benji's Light up Command Pods!

This mod allows you to turn lights on and off on command pods/modules like you can with cockpits! 

It also works on the Hitch-hiker Storage Container. This is good for making your rockets look a lot cooler, as well as being more visible in the dark. This doesn't currently work for the Mobile Processing Lab but I am working on it.

More info and mod download at http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/245069-benjis-light-up-command-pods.

This is the first time I've made anything even remotely like a mod so please go easy on me. Thanks to @Ven as most of the files in this mod are based off of his Stock Part Revamp. I'm hoping that overtime I will use more of my stuff. 

Licence:

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. Some files and textures are taken from Ven's Stock Part Revamp. If you like what you see here, I suggest downloading his mod.

Edited by Benji13

Hold on. Those hitchhiker lights are already in Ven Stock Revamp and I never noticed them :( What your mod change, eg: in that screenshot what is different?

I have a minor suggestion: do not use the > ' < character in the directory name. Just use BenjisLightupPods.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

Nicely done. I have a question: does this add a toggable light to the stock (as in not Ven) pods? Or is this more like a repack with only the light-related parts of Ven? I'm asking because I can't figure that out from the screenshots. Anyway, looking forward for the antenna lights!

I didn't include any of the added parts that Vens revamp has. This adds the lights on/light off toggle to all the stock parts and also adds new textures to them. Exactly the same as space plane parts. @ShotgunNinja

edit: Light up antennas could be a while away as I want to do light up docking ports first and I'm not that experienced at modding. 

Edit: I'll add some more screenshots as well, some showing the right click menu. 

Edited by Benji13

31 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Docking ports lights will be very useful. For some strange reasons I always end up docking in shadow...

Same here. Been playing ksp for ages. Not once docked in the light. 

• 6 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.