Mission button missing

Hi! I installed the latest version of the game today. Had to delete the old Mechjeb 2 folder, and reinstalled it (the mod didn't work until I reinstalled it).

Now the button which shows what missions I'm working on is missing.

Was the button removed in the last update, or did I press a button without knowing which conseals it?

On the last version, I could choose (accept) a mission, and then go to Vehicle Assembly Building. Here I could see what the mission was, and build my rocket accordingly.

I could also see the mission button ingame (during a mission).

Edited by Cochise17
Needed more input

A screenshot would probably be useful here. I assume you mean the button to display the contracts? Are you sure you are doing a career mode game, and not science or sandbox mode?

Thank you for answering, bewing.

Yes, I mean the button to display the contracts.

This is what I see on my screen during a mission:

I even started a new Career to see if anything changed. It didn't.

LVgqRUr.png

Edited by Cochise17

I have not heard of anything like that to hide that button except non-career mode. My guess is you might have some bad mods, especially you mentioned "Old MJ" - so potentially there might be some "Old other things" that would have caused the problem.

Finally - I solved it!

I tried restarting my pc (laptop). Didn't help. Installed CKAN. Didn't help either. Tried reinstalling MechJeb 2 after checking which version I had downloaded, thinking maybe this was a version made before the last KSP update. I'm using last version MJ2. No joy.

I then copied my save files, and opened Steam to reinstall KSP.

In Steam I found that I have two possibilities when launching the game: The standard Launch game procedure, or -by pressing RMB I was able to choose the "Launch KSP (64-bit)".

So, by launching the 64-bit version of the game everything works! Yey! Happy Kerbal here!

Thanks for the help, guys!

Huh. Never saw that bug in Steam. I always run the KSP_64.exe out of my directory. During beta, there were several bugs that would sometimes happen if you launched via Steam, rather than direct -- so I got in the habit of never using the Steam launcher.

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.