Full Screen displays on both monitors problem [OSX 10.11.5]

hello. im playing 1.12 on a Mac OSX 10.11.5 and was wondering if there is a way i can get the game to display in full screen on the main display without showing a blank grey game screen screen (its like the menu color without any selectable items) on the second display connected via the Thunderbolt port. thanks!!

Hi @tech2000, this isn't possible via KSP's settings, but you can force the Unity engine to do this, see here for the command line arguments.

I don't know exactly what you'll need without testing on an identical setup, but you should need these.

-adapter<your screen> -force-glcore -screen-fullscreen -screen-width<your screen width> -screen-height<your screen height>

Ignore the 'Windows only' stuff, these do work cross platform.

@sal_vager this seems to be way above my paygrade... but in my search, i came across this article, as i just completed an OS "upgrade" from 10.7 to 10.11 and experienced the same issue when using Safari browser to watch a youtube video in full screen on one display... it blanked out my main display ... turns out even Apple OSX native software has (had) a similar issue with full screen taking over all displays.... it was very informative up to page 17 of the topic, then it started to get a little ugly... im at a loss for words....https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3196329?start=0&tstart=0

Edited by tech2000

so, ultimately, in my search and in coming across this article from annoyed and uniformed OSX users.... i found the answer to my KSP full screen problem. enabling "spaces" for the second display, allows any and all apps to fun in full screen and not take over the secondary (additional) displays.... so in short. this KSP full screen problem is fixed for me because im running OSX... not sure if Win users can have the same experience though... again thanks for the replies @sal_vager pointing me in the right direction led me to find the correct answers, even though i did not like the truth... im am dealing with it. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.