Val and two tourists almost got snatched by The Kraken

A_name

So I had a ship with Val in the captain's seat and two tourists who wanted a Minmus flyby. I have my flyby set up and a node at Minmus Pe to bring me back to a Kerbin reentry trajectory. The node wasn't for a couple of days so I set an alarm and go do stuff with my other ships. Then, thanks to the "Warp Here" feature, which totally ignored my alarm and immediately went back to full time warp as soon as the alarm fired, I overshoot my Minmus maneuver on the tourist ship by a couple hours. When I finally cancel the warp and switch over to the ship with Val and the tourists, to my horror IT WAS EMPTY! The Astronaut Complex listed her as MIA and there was no trace of the tourists. Needless to say, apart from losing a top pilot, my contract was botched. Fortunately, I had a quicksave from right before I had clicked Warp Here and Val and the tourists were safe, but it was a close call.

Fear The Kraken.

Edited by A_name

Yikes! Lucky F5 saved you. I think the kraken was toying with you. Had he been inclined hed had eatten the save id bet. A side note, if you meant kerbal alarm clock by alarm, you may want to point this out to the mod maker as something to check into, so it doesnt happen to others :)

12 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

Yikes! Lucky F5 saved you. I think the kraken was toying with you. Had he been inclined hed had eatten the save id bet. A side note, if you meant kerbal alarm clock by alarm, you may want to point this out to the mod maker as something to check into, so it doesnt happen to others :)

Yes, The Kraken was merciful this time! 

I was talking about Kerbal Alarm Clock, I'll let them know, thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.