I've got some cash- what Flight Sim to buy?

ZooNamedGames

I have a bit of money free, and I was wondering... what should I buy on Steam? I'd currently looking for a Aircraft Flight Sim that is realistic (aside from the obvious Microsoft Flight Sim) and also lightweight since my computer is weak (specs below). So any suggestions?

Computer Specs:

AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.30GHz

8GB RAM (7.50 usable)

8 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I have a bit of money free, and I was wondering... what should I buy on Steam? I'd currently looking for a Aircraft Flight Sim that is realistic (aside from the obvious Microsoft Flight Sim) and also lightweight since my computer is weak (specs below). So any suggestions?

Computer Specs:

AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.30GHz

8GB RAM (7.50 usable)

How does KSP run!? My computer is weak, but the CPU is more powerful than that, yet it can lag really bad, is that a personal laptop, and KSP is on a desktop?

And... I don't have anything for this thread, I don't have/know of any flight sims that you could have.

Just now, Spaceception said:

How does KSP run!? My computer is weak, but the CPU is more powerful than that, yet it can lag really bad, is that a personal laptop, and KSP is on a desktop?

And... I don't have anything for this thread, I don't have/know of any flight sims that you could have.

It barely runs. But I live with the pain.

Well I'll live if its a few GHz above mine, but I need to know what.

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

whats the minimal operating specs?

It's an add-on for FSX or Prepar3D (which is FSX but taken over by Lockheed Martin). If your computer can run FSX, it can run the RealAir aircraft. 

I'm not sure how low-ball that 1.3GHz AMD with Radeon card is, but if it's desktop with a dedicated graphics card then it can most certainly run FSX. The Citabria/Decathlon/Scout package (all closely related piper-cub style aircraft) are fairly cheap but ridiculous fun to fly; I find them to have a perfect balance between enough complexity to be realistic, and simple enough (probably due to the character of the plane) to no cause headaches when you're seeing the world through a keyboard and computer screen. And if you fly them around the Seattle area then the landscape has enough variation for hours of mindless fun flying.

Edit: if you really have a low-spec PC, try getting FS 2004 (and the 2004 versions of the RealAir aircraft). That will run on practically anything with all sliders to the max.

Edited by Kerbart

1 minute ago, Kerbart said:

It's an add-on for FSX or Prepar3D (which is FSX but taken over by Lockheed Martin). If your computer can run FSX, it can run the RealAir aircraft. 

I'm not sure how low-ball that 1.3GHz AMD with Radeon card is, but if it's desktop with a dedicated graphics card then it can most certainly run FSX. The Citabria/Decathlon/Scout package (all closely related piper-cub style aircraft) are fairly cheap but ridiculous fun to fly; I find them to have a perfect balance between enough complexity to be realistic, and simple enough (probably due to the character of the plane) to no cause headaches when you're seeing the world through a keyboard and computer screen. And if you fly them around the Seattle area then the landscape has enough variation for hours of mindless fun flying.

I'll keep it in mind!

Its weak, but it's done the job for past 5-6 years. I guess I can't complain.

Maybe Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3, for a bit of a different experience? Old game now so hardware performance should not be an issue, though OS compatibility might be. The flight physics are the same as in FS2002.

14 minutes ago, Camacha said:

Might it be an idea to save up for better hardware? That will yields gains in all things computer.

Issue is I have to start with a brand new everything- even my motherboard isn't built for modification, so rather than saving $1000+ for a new computer or parts, I'll just get a game and live with the lag. Unless there's some miracle angel out there that will donate money... but I doubt that.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Issue is I have to start with a brand new everything- even my motherboard isn't built for modification, so rather than saving $1000+ for a new computer or parts, I'll just get a game and live with the lag. Unless there's some miracle angel out there that will donate money... but I doubt that.

A few hunderd dollars will buy you a pretty decent system. No need for a 1000 dollar computer.

3 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I want something now, not later. Now unless you have money to donate- ideas for games?

Stop begging for money and start saving it, that is all I can say. You will get more entertainment out of the games that you do have too.