Modded M1 Wheels

Overland

Id like to get the official word on what modding and releasing the stock M1 rover wheels would be, likely aliasing the model and just being textures and a configuration file

Ive used modded M1s for landtrains in the past and having struggled with the new wheelsystem..finally got back to a working wheel

Theres been some requests though for it..so far its always been a personal use mod

Theyre half the cost of moon M1s.. Dont explode unrealisticly ( but will if abused) and generally form the backbone of any low polly land train operations where wheels are the killer for framerate using 3rd party wheels with more detail

Anything I need to do to make it above board?

z0y4Le6.jpg

H, i suppose it all depends how you have altered it, I used to have custom tr2ls while almost exactly identical apart from setup they contained no original tr2l meshes, so  releasing them would create no issues.  IIRC  technically you aren't allowed to redistribute stock assets (not sure about derivatives) but things like textures can be called using the MODEL{} node,

I think a response from a moderator/dev would clear up any ambiguity

I think I've seen this ask a number of times before and the response was that if you referenced the Squad assets in the Squad folder (in other words you don't redistribute Squad assets, only your own, which is what I believe you (and SM) said above) you're OK. Of course you'll want to verify this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.