Better Craft Browsing

Craft Files  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you struggle to find the specific craft that you want to use?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really care, it's not a big waste of time.

So, I've been watching a lot of streamers for KSP, and just playing a lot of KSP lately, and I've noticed something: Finding craft files are a pain for me, and probably for others as well.

When the search was implemented for parts, it was great, and you could use keywords to find parts, I propose a way to save your craft with tags (if you wish), and be able to use those tags to find your craft file with ease. This way, you could search for a craft file by its name or by a tag you gave it. Another thing that could be done, is implementing a folder system, so you can categorize your crafts that way.

Let me give an example. Let's say that I built a rover, and I wanted to save a stable version, an experimental version, and updated, separate versions too. If you were to save like this, you would quickly fill up on crafts, as every build would have many versions to look through. With the search feature, you could use the differently named versions of the rover, to find it easily, or look for a tag you put in, such as "unfinished" or "experimental". With the folder system, you could also be able to put every single version of that rover, inside of a single rover file, for easy access.

Thanks for reading my massive collection of ,commas, .Unfinished senten-. and just horribl inglish. :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.