Eeloo transfer windows

I was playing around with the Transfer Window planning mod, and set up a transfer to Eeloo for optimum efficiency. Amazingly the planner shows that an Eeloo-Kerbin window opens up at the arrival time and a return transfer (with reasonable efficiency) can be set up to leave 13 days after Eeloo arrival. I am tempted to totally go for this but have serious doubts I can actually execute the transfer accurately enough to get anywhere close to that 13 day span, we are talking a 2-3 year journey time to the farthest out planet after all. What do y'all think? 

If your capable of doing gravity assists with duna and or Jool to change your inclination around the Sun the launch window from Kerbin to Eelo is very forgiving. As long as the position of Duna or Jool is somewhere in the proper position to meet Eelo once you slingshot. You don't want to go there? Ok then. It's just a tip.

Scott manley made a good video that shows how to do this.
He doesn't do this to get to Eelo, but you can use the methods to get there and you don't have to worry much about launch windows. It will make the total mission time longer.

I don't really like this video where he states that Mun gravity assist should never be done, which is false. Plus, gravity assist from Duna is far from ideal.

A good way to go to Eeloo using gravity assist is something like Eve-Kerbin-Kerbin-Jool. The return trip is even easier, just use Jool gravity assist (but you might arriving too fast at Kerbin). But of course it takes more time and you can forget about transfer windows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.