You must discover planets and moons

It would be cool if telescopes were added requiring satellites to be launched to discover new planets, then for Jool a probe would need to be sent to discover moons. To discover the closer terrestrial planets there could be a new building in the KSP that acts as an observatory and can be upgraded and planets can be discovered in time if funds are spent. 

I think most of the solar system should already be known since humanity was able to view them long before they started space programs. I think that some of the moons or an outer planet should be discoverable.

The main planets and moons should already be known, but it would be neat to have KBO discovery. There should be a rare chance of discovering a giant KBO, and it would always be different for each game, so you could have a unique planet to show off to the rest of the KSP community!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2016 at 3:30 AM, icedown said:

Something like this is already in development

Research Bodies

I feel that Research Bodies is a bit overkilling and adds too much complexity. But I've never tried it so I might be wrong.

I'd like that the main planets (and perhaps their primary moon) be known already when the game starts. But at the same time I'd like to have to investigate/research in order to obtain a complete map of the Kerbol system including the smaller celestial bodies and moons. Perhaps even the far distant planets shouldn't be visible at first without proper tech.

That's not very dissimilar to what it's already implemented for asteroids.

Edited by carlorizzante

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.