RealLife Kerbal Stratosphere Program

The Balloon arrived and looks good but i will inspect it on monday when i bought a few pair of rubber-gloves.

Maybe i will drop the idea of using pure Helium as i am running into constant obstacles while searching for a supplier.
I am thinking about switching to ordinary balloongas which is helium mixed in with other gasses that are cheaper but also lighter than air. [citiation needed]

18 hours ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

Poor Val...

Poor Val yes, it might be correct that the ruler acted as an propeller increasing spin. Perhaps fins would help. They would also act as bumpers on touchdown. 

Having Val on the edge of an ruler in an fast spinning craft doomed her. For an follow up mission having an hinged arm who pulled kerbal into an protected crew cabin would increase safety :)

How does the parachute deploy? curious cat want to know.

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Poor Val yes, it might be correct that the ruler acted as an propeller increasing spin. Perhaps fins would help. They would also act as bumpers on touchdown. 

Having Val on the edge of an ruler in an fast spinning craft doomed her. For an follow up mission having an hinged arm who pulled kerbal into an protected crew cabin would increase safety :)

How does the parachute deploy? curious cat want to know.

Val is not doomed, the guy who found her managed to find her pieces and handed them over aswell, so i might be able to rebuild her :wink:

The balloon is attached to the top of the parachute which holds it closed during ascend and SHOULD make it deploy when the balloon is gone.
Unfortunately, it seems like there were way too many remains of the balloon left after it popped which pulled the parachute on its side.

To get clarification what happened i have to launch another one with a camera looking up :wink:

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.