Kraken research

The kraken had not muc science around it recently, it's time to change that. We could ask multiple questions

What kind of forces does the kraken cause in the most recent version?

Spoiler

Forces may include antigravity, spazzing and rotary forces

How to summon forces

Spoiler

High g's and rover wheels contacting parts

How can we make this a reliable method of propulsion and create warp drives

Spoiler

Trial and error my friend.

Here's the thing:

Do kraken drives still work in this version?

Spoiler

No. Most of them have broken.

Why is this?

Spoiler

When Squad released 1.1 they added a new mechanic where if wheels and gears sense that they're being clipped into stuff, they stop functioning. Since most kraken drives run off of wheels and gears, they have been rendered useless.

What can we still do?

Spoiler

-A few kraken drives still work. These include kerbal ladder drives, and a new form discovered by @He_162 where you can hit water at speed with a large heat shield and go shooting off super fast

-There may be other facets to explore, such as using the apparently buggy klaw, and clipping gears through other ships and kerbals, but these methods have never been tested and are dubious at the very very very best.

Edited by quasarrgames

i've been able to produce measurable (although small- in the area of 0.05-0.15 m/s^2) accelerations with gears pressing on separate ships but i fear it wont be stable at high accelerations due to physics step sizes

I got something to glitch hitting the water with multiple heat shields, and blast off at 2/3 the speed of light

F5WZGdB.png?1

TKAeMLW.png

EDIT: NEVERMIND, IT CAN GO MUCH FASTER!!! :o 

JRWShhU.png

Out of the 100 or so launches, it has only glitched 7 times total. So It is not reliable, and usually kills Kerbals. I need a drone setup.

Edited by He_162

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.