Returning player needs basic help!

OK, so I was nearly too embarrassed to post this.  I've got hundreds of hours on KSP, but I've been away from the game for about a year.  I tried to construct a basic rocket to just test out what had changed, and couldn't get the engine to attach to the bottom of the fuel tank.  I'm using the latest version (experimental?).  Everything else seemed to attach as normal.  I spent over half an hour trying to do it, using different combination of parts.  Has something changed here?    

9 minutes ago, genericeventhandler said:

Is it a fresh install? Outdated mods can cause some weird stuff in the vab.

I would start a new career game, and relearn, a lot has changed since my first rocket. A lot more has changed in the last year. 

GE

Thanks, that sorted it.  I deleted the local files via Steam and also deleted the common folder to make sure I got rid of the mods and such, then did a fresh install.  Some variation of "Did you try turning it off and on again?" is always the answer to these kinds of problems :wink:   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.