Why ithe game takes forever to close

Hello, I have about 50 mods installed, so i know that doesnt help but:

Is there any way of making the game close down quicker, i mean i dont mind the 5 minutes loading time, but closing the game takes over 3 minutes and i really need to close it down in a hurry when im not supposed to be playing.

Is there anything i can change in the config? or anything other than task manager?

In the "anything I can do" category, I assume you mean "other than not having 50 mods installed."  :wink:

Honestly, I've gotten in the habit of force-quitting via alt-F4.  I don't have 50 mods installed, and it doesn't take a super long time to exit-- I just don't have the patience to have to click through five levels of exiting things.

The good news is that the game is safe to force-quit from the KSC scene.  While you're playing, the game does an auto-save (to persistent.sfs) at intervals while you're in the flight scene... but every time you go to KSC, it force-saves the game right there, regardless of how long it's been since the last auto-save.  So if you simply get in the habit of "return to space center" and then alt+F4, that's a viable way to quit fairly quickly and you won't lose any of your saved progress.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.