They had ONE job... ಠ_ಠ

5 hours ago, monstah said:

From the PSN EULA:

You are aware Sony's own Shuhei Yoshida (President of Sony's Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment) actually has multiple PSN accounts for this reason? (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-19-dont-like-the-way-sony-runs-the-playstation-store-you-should-be-careful-what-you-wish-for-says-yoshida)

1 hour ago, TheBF3Veteran said:

You are aware Sony's own Shuhei Yoshida (President of Sony's Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment) actually has multiple PSN accounts for this reason? (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-19-dont-like-the-way-sony-runs-the-playstation-store-you-should-be-careful-what-you-wish-for-says-yoshida)

Your point? It's still legal grounds for having your account terminated. The fact that many people do it doesn't change that, neither does the fact that one such person is of high profile. They oviously won't terminate Yoshida's account, but that doesn't mean they won't terminate others.

Mind that I'm not morally objecting on having more than one account. Like I said in my previous post, I trust @Nailbach has no bad intentions. But it is, regardless of how many people do it, grounds for termination, as per EULA specification.

21 hours ago, Liquid said:

A lot of things. Many of them weren't very nice.

I will first note that being angry towards groups of people will inherently make them less likely to consider your ideas, no matter how valid your ideas actually are.

That being said, I very much doubt the validity of most of your points.

Point #1:
Suppose you were a kid (which you're not) at one of those really garish arcades. Your mother needs to convert some money into tokens for you and your brother to use on the games. She goes up to one of the token converter machines and drops in a dollar (or whatever currency you use). Your brother scoops up the tokens and runs off. She puts in another dollar... and this one sticks. Your mother tries for several minutes to get the bill unstuck, and you finally get the tokens you wanted.

You can either wait patiently for your tokens, or you can throw a temper tantrum. You are choosing the latter.

Even if the machine (Sony) is known to occasionally be sticky, it's not really your mother's (SQUAD/Flying Tiger's) fault if something gets clogged up. And trying to ask for a discount is silly.

Points #2 and #3:
I am almost positive, based on your post, that you know more than I do about porting things to game consoles. I am absolutely positive that Flying Tiger knows more than you do about these sorts of ports. This is not because you aren't good at this sort of thing (though you may not be; I have zero knowledge of your experience or lack thereof). Rather, it is because Flying Tiger has made a job out of porting things since the days of the Game Boy and the original PlayStation.

Should camera inversion be a thing? Definitely! But pretty much everything else you say is questionable at best, due to a nice ol' application of Occam's Razor.

Frankly, I don't find it believable that Flying Tiger had the opportunity to easily add a number of features, and then didn't because "they didn't want to." You seem inclined to believe that the company circumvented some easy systems by replacing them with difficult ones. I find it much more believable that something prevented them from taking the easy way out. (I don't know what that something would be, but I've found that simple solutions occasionally cause things to break in complex ways.)

Keep in mind, too, that the console versions are still a work in progress. I have no doubt that some features will be improved upon.

I was amused by the end of your post. You first stated that you don't really want to play the game if it's this buggy (if so, then why are you making such a big fuss about release dates and getting it now? These things may well be worked out later.) Then you insultingly accuse Flying Tiger and SQUAD of ineptitude and then promptly say that they don't listen to their fanbase. IMO, SQUAD is doing a pretty good job of listening to their fanbase because the majority of it is more polite and courteous than you.

Thus ends my small rant. I apologize in advance for any irritation I was showing.

-Upsilon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.