AGU (Klaw) Free Pivot doesn't work

So, pretty fresh install, 100% stock, Windows 10 laptop, running 64-bit. I haven't even gotten the AGU in the career game I'm playing, but I loaded up a Sandbox save to mess around, and found that Free Pivot doesn't work on the AGU. When I click "Free Pivot" the button changes to "Lock Pivot" but it still says "Status: Locked" and the pivot doesn't actually work. The joint is completely rigid.

I've tried multiple different ways of testing this. Starting the claw armed or unarmed, switching which vehicle I'm in command of, etc. It just doesn't work. I also completely uninstalled the game (made a copy of my saves!) and installed it fresh, and have the same issue.

So... any ideas? Any help is appreciated, I've got some really fun ideas I need that pivoting joint for!

8 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Is this a clipping thing? The claw's analogy to the wheels 'Gear blocked:yes'?

I don't think so, I've tried it a couple different ways. The first time was a bit complicated, I was trying to recreate a crane I saw online, dropped a fuel tank onto the claw. I could see that causing an issue. But then just to test it I made two very simple rovers, one with a claw. It attached fine, but stayed rigid.

5 hours ago, Twreed87 said:

It attached fine, but stayed rigid.

Confirmed that the claw pivot is no longer working in 1.1.3 (x64 on Win).

I know it was working at least up to 1.1.0, I did tests for two bug reports (#8576, #8778) for the pre-release and the final that depended on the pivot being free. Both reports are stil open though.

Ditto Here. My skycrane is locked up tight. It will act like the pivot is free (button text changes to lock pivot) but doesn't move. Really makes drops kind of a PITA. OSX, 1.1.3, lots of mods.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize this was the PC thread. Still, sounds like the same issue.

Edited by s4stamler
wrong thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was going to say 'works for me' because I started using the klaw in version 1.1.3 --- but I decided to test it quickly first.  My first test does not pivot, but one on a simpler craft does pivot, as do most of my klaws in use in the game.  (All of my in-use claws pivot, if I un-dock enough parts.. Maybe wheels and docking ports on the same craft somehow interfere with the pivoting?)

I see no bug-report in the tracker (unless my blurry eyes missed it --it is past my bedtime). Any and all are welcome to steal or refine my examples if that helps to file a report.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.