http://www.physicscentral.com/explore/plus/timeless.cfm

Thread needs an intro, as per past, lost of new questions about time, quantum space-time, and resolution (the process that converts events in the quantum space-time to classical spacetime) have been placed in other threads. Physically this now appears to be a hot topic so I created a special thread and issues regarding time may be placed here.

The first entry is a comparison of philosophical questions of time and comparing them to the quantum/classical conundrum that time creates.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sci-news.com/physics/research-challenges-conventional-view-space-time-04114.html

Basically particles that behave different whether going backward or forwards in time cause time to progress.

If I get this right there are two parallelel universii, 1 with "Us" behaving mesons and another with "them" behaving mesons. Resolution of quantum events with "us" results in a universe biased to our temporal progression excluding behaviors that reverse time, though those particles exist they resolve in a universe that goes backwards in time.

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2016 at 11:44 AM, PB666 said:

f I get this right there are two parallelel universii, 1 with "Us" behaving mesons and another with "them" behaving mesons. Resolution of quantum events with "us" results in a universe biased to our temporal progression excluding behaviors that reverse time, though those particles exist they resolve in a universe that goes backwards in time.

Isn't that the plot of Manifold Space by Baxter?

Basically the real problem with relativity isn't so much about traveling to another solar system and coming home to find your children have become old and gray.  The real problem is figuring compounded interest.  For instance:  Credit card companies not only reserve the right to apply monthly payments to whichever balance pays them the lowest interest while leaving the higher interest portions to accrue for the longest time.  They also reserve the right to accrue interest in which ever frame of time reference you might have been in.  Making a cash withdrawal from an ATM machine on the surface of a neutron star is a mistake you are not likely to make twice!  I'm nearly positive this is in the fine print on the contract.  Who knows?    

22 hours ago, DAL59 said:

Isn't that the plot of Manifold Space by Baxter?

I gotta say, I'm dragging myself through the series now, based on your recommendation, and it's coming up a resounding meh.     I started with Space and now I'm onto Time, and well, it's not bad, but... 

It could be because of the drastic changes he envisioned within the space program within such a short period of time after he wrote it, those discrepancies throw me off a bit.    But the resemblance of the 'main' character to Musk in Space is quite close....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.