The Small Things

cardgame

I\'ll start with something I found while playing around with the large hinges from Damned Robotics. I had them extended out from my rocket with some fuel tanks on the ends. When I launched, I soon started rolling, and when I pulled them in closer the roll sped up to ludicrous speed, following the laws of physics quite satisfyingly. The opposite was also true when I launched with them tucked in; as I started rolling, I extended them and calmed the roll (for a short time).

I was thinking of starting a thread like this.

After you eject a stage or coupler, if your rocket wash moves over it, the discarded piece picks up momentum and rotation from the impact of the exhaust. I can\'t tell if RCS does it as well, but it wouldn\'t surprise me.

Mun\'s surface includes newer craters with dark lava-flow floors and sharp edges, but also older craters with faded colors and contours rounded by erosion (presumably by the same micrometeorites that cause that effect on earth\'s moon). Somebody took the care to make Mun look as if it\'s been shaped by billions of years of natural forces.

Have you ever driven a rover around KSC? The buildings are actually kind of cool-looking. Has everybody noticed that the radio dish on the tracking station rotates?

Somebody took the care to make Mun look as if it\'s been shaped by billions of years of natural forces.

When Mun rises over the horizon, visible through the atmosphere of Kerbin, it looks just like the real thing. Catches my eye every time.

There\'s a favorite spot of mine on the Mun, it\'s on the side not facing Kerbin, there\'s a huge crater, a small crater at the bottom right that\'s half in half out of that Big Crater, and east of that, is a huge canyon of some sorts. Fascinating from low orbit, and huge from a rover\'s point of view (can be dangerous too if you start picking up speed).

Otherwise, it amazes me how small Minmus is, as a rover, I landed on a Ice lake, and on the horizon I only saw one mountain sticking up, the closer I got the more mountains I saw, and on the top of that mountain, I could see a nice view, plus you can see the curved horizon of Minmus due to it\'s size.

When your little guy is climbing ladders, he looks up or down (as appropriate) to see where he\'s going. Also, in EVA backpack mode, he\'s actually got little joysticks in each hand, with little red actuator buttons on top.

On the title screen where the Kerbal is standing on the Mun, Kerbin in the background is rotating. You\'ve probably noticed that occasionally a meteorite (?) zips by and bounces across the surface, but just now, I think I saw a Kerbal in a space suit tumbling by instead.

I like how when your on the mun and you are controlling a kerbal going like 30m/s and you hit the ground, he starts bouncing across the surface all ragdoll like. What makes the moment is you can switch to another kerbal near to the bouncing kerbal and you get to see from his vantage point the bouncing kerbal pass by him. Its very comical ;D

Another little thing now that 0.16 is out, is just simply, EVA.

Every single rocket I bring up to the heavens I have the real need to, have a spacewalk, float around near the ship, even mess around, making my kerbal spin around crazily in orbit, while listening to 'Right Round' by Flo Rida hehehe.

Landing on the Mun, stepping out my crew, walking around, jumping, crashing into the 2 other crewmates.

Small things... ;D

• 2 months later...

I love when solid boosters separate and all drift away in unison behind the ship, it's so cool, it really gives the feeling of microgravity.

One thing that they should add soon is so that when your in IVA mode, and your character looks around, that you see them looking around in the pilot view. That would be GREAT.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.