[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

11 hours ago, Matchlight said:

I used full res, I find that interesting, How do I unvoise Kerbin's clouds?

Well, in standart EVE, there is uvnoise parameter in the editor. Uvnoise makes clouds look wigly, which makes them look realistic and not so pixelated.

5 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Well, in standart EVE, there is uvnoise parameter in the editor. Uvnoise makes clouds look wigly, which makes them look realistic and not so pixelated.

How do I get to the editor?

1 minute ago, Matchlight said:

alt + 0. In standart eve.

6 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Here is the comparison.

10 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

alt + 0. In standart eve.

Just realised, My mod doesn't run on Eve, it runs on KVE... a port. Meaning that the editor doesn't even exist...

Just now, Matchlight said:

Just realised, My mod doesn't run on Eve, it runs on KVE... a port. Meaning that the editor doesn't even exist...

Older versions of eve didn't  had editor either. There was Clouds.cfg text file in which you can do such a things

Older versions of eve didn't  had editor either. There was Clouds.cfg text file in which you can do such a things

KVE is basically EVE 7-4 working in 1.2.2. Hmm, could you give me a download link to the editor file, I'll see if I can implement it.

4 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

KVE is basically EVE 7-4 working in 1.2.2. Hmm, could you give me a download link to the editor file, I'll see if I can implement it.

Download link to the editor file? I might don't get what you talking about.

4 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Download link to the editor file? I might don't get what you talking about.

Well, surely there is a config for the editor, a cfg file somewhere, where is it located (what folder is it usually in) I'll see if I can get it working. I've gotten a UniverseReplacer Skybox to work in 1.2.2, as well as WindowShine and the Lightning.

2 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Well, surely there is a config for the editor, a cfg file somewhere, where is it located (what folder is it usually in) I'll see if I can get it working. I've gotten a UniverseReplacer Skybox to work in 1.2.2, as well as WindowShine and the Lightning.

Usually its in the boulderco folder, Atmospheres subfolder.

Usually its in the boulderco folder, Atmospheres subfolder.

!!! I've been staring at it, going through it for hours, how did I not see those variables! Ok, Thankyou

!!! I've been staring at it, going through it for hours, how did I not see those variables! Ok, Thankyou

Note : different uvnoises = different result!

Which parameter do you mean, UNvoiceStrength or DetailScale?

First of all, you need to find what uvnoise clouds already use(Should look like that : UVNoiseTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Details/noise3, that's ksprc configs ) then, find that : _UVNoiseAnimation = 0.8,0.6
   _UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
   _UVNoiseScale = 0.008.

2 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

First of all, you need to find what uvnoise clouds already use(Should look like that : UVNoiseTex = KSPRC/Atmospheres/Details/noise3, that's ksprc configs ) then, find that : _UVNoiseAnimation = 0.8,0.6
   _UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
   _UVNoiseScale = 0.008.

Play around with _UVNoiseAnimation  till you get enough "Wigllines" on clouds

6 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

_UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
   _UVNoiseScale = 0.008.

To Shave of some download size for the mod, I've stripped KSPRC down to the bare minimum textures. I'll re-install the KSPRC UVnoise providing I can get the mod to visually look better. Are you saying that because UVNoiseAnimation = 0.8,0.6 UVNoiseScale needs to be 0.008 or can it be what I choose it to be?

To Shave of some download size for the mod, I've stripped KSPRC down to the bare minimum textures. I'll re-install the KSPRC UVnoise providing I can get the mod to visually look better. Are you saying that because UVNoiseAnimation = 0.8,0.6 UVNoiseScale needs to be 0.008 or can it be what I choose it to be?

Modify it by your taste. I recommend using new eve uvnoise which you can get from configs

12 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Modify it by your taste. I recommend using new eve uvnoise which you can get from configs

Ok... I'm a bit confused, here is a photo of the config, what should I change to get rid of the pixelation?

WqTXfFI.png

Ok... I'm a bit confused, here is a photo of the config, what should I change to get rid of the pixelation?

WqTXfFI.png

None of these! The parameters you need look like that:

_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.8,0.6
   _UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
   _UVNoiseScale = 0.008

1 minute ago, Alteroz said:

_UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
   _UVNoiseScale = 0.008

Wait! This is old eve! You need noisescale!

_UVNoiseStrength = 0.003
   _UVNoiseScale = 0.008

Like this? DrT8RFK.png

Like this? DrT8RFK.png

Oh, I'm dumb. I didn't saw that. You need to set animation. 

Just now, Alteroz said:

Try launching with such parameters and see how clouds changed.

And how do I do that? I've set animations before in Adobe After Effects, is it somewhat similar to that? Regardless, run me through it.

And how do I do that? I've set animations before in Adobe After Effects, is it somewhat similar to that? Regardless, run me through it.

It's very simple. Shortly : you just need to type 2 quantities in the parameters, like 1.007, 0.045, and experiment until you get clouds you wanted. If Changes are too small, double the size of UVnoise strength. 

It's very simple. Shortly : you just need to type 2 quantities in the parameters, like 1.007, 0.045, and experiment until you get clouds you wanted. If Changes are too small, double the size of UVnoise strength. 

I don't have time to play around with the parameters; is it possible you can tell what I can do for the best results? I'm assuming these animation parameters allow clouds to change shape while moving.

I don't have time to play around with the parameters; is it possible you can tell what I can do for the best results? I'm assuming these animation parameters allow clouds to change shape while moving.

Correct. Well, in standart EVE I used 0.7,0.8 , but be sure to change uvnoise strength to 0.005

Correct. Well, in standart EVE I used 0.7,0.8 , but be sure to change uvnoise strength to 0.005

Thanks, I'll try that out now. Are there any features you would like to see in future updates (past 0.3)

Thanks, I'll try that out now. Are there any features you would like to see in future updates (past 0.3)

Well, 1 thing that you can do ALREADY in 3.0 is change stock parts textures with ones provided in KSPRC. And also, fx from KSPRC, as a company.