[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

On 10/18/2016 at 6:03 PM, Galileo said:

KSPRC is likely the most demanding visual pack.  I don't know that I would be sending  guys there for performance. 

Eve is good though.. 

I think because of Astronomer's return,  perhaps this mod should should come to a halt.  If the rain is ever going to actually come to fruition,  I think it would be better served in a mod like Scatterer.  I'd say bring it up with blackrack and see what he says.  I think there is a reason rain hasn't been implemented in a long time and I think it has to do with performance

omg ksprc looks good sadly i have a bad computer /: i need a new graphics card

On 10/12/2016 at 3:24 AM, Matchlight said:

So guys, is this working in 1.2?

Yeah, this is a very gpu intensive mod. I would recommend using KSPRC or EVE instead as it is much less GPU intensive :D

also what mods should i remove in the pack for less lag?

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

I don't think your ram is over 9000gb... Your hard drives might be 9000gb combined.  Ram on a stock computer is almost always lower than 16gb.  I have only seen a few at 32gb stock.  There isn't a consumer computer that can hold 9000gb of ram. 

aww man you ruined the joke

• 6 months later...
On 8/11/2016 at 5:24 PM, CanIAskAQuestion1928 said:

For some reason there is the wormhole texture but it is unused. Can you add the womhole next update? Also the cloud textures are blocky. And there is .DS_Store file everywhere. And atmospheres from map view looks weird.

No Wormhole in this update yet I have the ground work there and I can easily implement it, for the next release I want the wormhole working as well as the snow and using the included Kopernicus I want to add Kargantua from this mod, and instead of it orbiting Kerbol I would like Kerbol orbiting Kargantua...

Yet there are still a few loopholes I have to jump through before there...

Just loaded my install up with this pack... and WOW :D :confused: :confused: One question tho, if I change the skybox out, nothing will get messed up correct? 

Alright, I've tested out and viewed the latest version of your pack, and I've noticed multiple things that are in dire need of attention:

• Holy heck, reduce the download size! I'm pretty sure over half of the textures present in the .zip file aren't even used!
  • Why is there E.V.E. and K.V.E.? I'm almost certain that only the latter is being used for clouds in the mod.
  • Why is there a deprecated version of ModuleManager along with the latest version?
  • Check up on some of the licensing for things like KSPRC. They're pretty touchy about repackaging and redistribution.
  • Using KVE is a step back from where we were last year, using the SVE configs at least permitted the use of the new edition of E.V.E. for the mod rather than the E.V.E. 7-4 port KVE.
  • Funny thing about Sorlon: the comet is part of the Kerbol Origins planet pack, I'm pretty sure, so when Proot, the dev of KSPRC, was developing KSPRC, he had Kerbol Origins present in his installation. He must've forgotten to clear out every last bit of the other mods present, and Sorlon from Kerbol Origins found its way into KSPRC. That's why it's also in AV: Andromeda now.
  • AVP's Eve looks ugly with scatterer, besides it already has the charming scattering technique that Astronomer used. It's best if the Eve config for scatterer is removed in releases of AV: Andromeda.
  • Jool shouldn't have Edge of Oblivion's Kerbin clouds overlayed, but rather Interstellar's Kerbin clouds. Perhaps take the Kerbin clouds from Interstellar, rename it "kerbin2.png" and edit the configuration so that Jool uses that instead of the unnatural Earth-like clouds?
  • Once again, download size needs a heavy reduction! Check each directory of the mods that come with AV: Andromeda and delete configs and textures that aren't necessary.

I think we both know the issue about 3 AVP spin-offs existing at the same time, especially the incredible similarity between yours and mine. :P

Edited by themaster401

5 hours ago, ISE said:

Just loaded my install up with this pack... and WOW :D :confused: :confused: One question tho, if I change the skybox out, nothing will get messed up correct? 

Haha, No, nothing should mess up! It's a perfectly normal Skybox yet it just showed up in a random folder on my old computer, I probably downloaded it a while ago... Should work just like any other though!

2 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Alright, I've tested out and viewed the latest version of your pack, and I've noticed multiple things that are in dire need of attention:

• Holy heck, reduce the download size! I'm pretty sure over half of the textures present in the .zip file aren't even used!
  • Why is there E.V.E. and K.V.E.? I'm almost certain that only the latter is being used for clouds in the mod.
  • Why is there a deprecated version of ModuleManager along with the latest version?
  • Check up on some of the licensing for things like KSPRC. They're pretty touchy about repackaging and redistribution.
  • Using KVE is a step back from where we were last year, using the SVE configs at least permitted the use of the new edition of E.V.E. for the mod rather than the E.V.E. 7-4 port KVE.
  • Funny thing about Sorlon: the comet is part of the Kerbol Origins planet pack, I'm pretty sure, so when Proot, the dev of KSPRC, was developing KSPRC, he had Kerbol Origins present in his installation. He must've forgotten to clear out every last bit of the other mods present, and Sorlon from Kerbol Origins found its way into KSPRC. That's why it's also in AV: Andromeda now.
  • AVP's Eve looks ugly with scatterer, besides it already has the charming scattering technique that Astronomer used. It's best if the Eve config for scatterer is removed in releases of AV: Andromeda.
  • Jool shouldn't have Edge of Oblivion's Kerbin clouds overlayed, but rather Interstellar's Kerbin clouds. Perhaps take the Kerbin clouds from Interstellar, rename it "kerbin2.png" and edit the configuration so that Jool uses that instead of the unnatural Earth-like clouds?
  • Once again, download size needs a heavy reduction! Check each directory of the mods that come with AV: Andromeda and delete configs and textures that aren't necessary.

I think we both know the issue about 3 AVP spin-offs existing at the same time, especially the incredible similarity between yours and mine. :P

Yes, I would like to address the whole, it's a gigabit thing... I want to barebones each file for optimisation, if anything this was a test if it worked, in a week or so I may I will delete the trailer, make a new one.

Have a few things updated...

Kerbin Clouds are still not perfect... I watch to shy away from the SVE look. I watch to mod scatterer so it doesn't get rid of the 'Blue ocean' effect

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ksp+avp&safe=strict&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwju98bu8N7TAhWJm5QKHTvjB6YQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=694#imgrc=UIhIBg9X7CT6_M:

Yeah, this is more of a patch, an unpolished version... I may want to try and get the Kerbin Clouds to look like this

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ksp+astronomer's+visual+pack&safe=strict&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZ79P_8d7TAhXJmJQKHXU5B7sQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=694#imgrc=0hYegS56SAOr7M:

Just as a possibility...

3 hours ago, themaster401 said:

The comet in KSPRC was intentional from Proot. I have no idea if he took it from Kerbol Origins or not, but was definitely his idea to include a comet in KSPRC.

8 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

The comet in KSPRC was intentional from Proot. I have no idea if he took it from Kerbol Origins or not, but was definitely his idea to include a comet in KSPRC.

Ah, is that so? Because the only reason Sorlon appears at all is because there's a cache file for it just laying around in the Kopernicus that comes with KSPRC.

15 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Ah, is that so? Because the only reason Sorlon appears at all is because there's a cache file for it just laying around in the Kopernicus that comes with KSPRC.

No idea on how it was included, I just remember the fact.

17 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Well, no. There is a body node for it in the kopernicus cfg. So, it was definitely intentional 

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well, no. There is a body node for it in the kopernicus cfg. So, it was definitely intentional 

Oh, sorry, haha definitely got very mixed up there. Still, kinda odd to have a comet just laying around in what is otherwise a terrain, texture, and cloud pack.

13 minutes ago, themaster401 said:
  • Oh, sorry, haha definitely got very mixed up there. Still, kinda odd to have a comet just laying around in what is otherwise a terrain, texture, and cloud pack.

Should I delete Sorlon or not because I don't really want it there...

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Undoubtably intentional, there's a texture made for it...

Quick Log for V [0.3]

-Implemented lighting

-fixed Duna's sandstorms

-greatly reduced download size

-Swapped out Skybox for something 'Less Distracting'

-Possible wispy Laythe Clouds

I was wondering, would anyone want clouds on Laythe that look a little like this?

(Final Product will look much better)

On 5/9/2017 at 6:17 PM, Matchlight said:

Quick Log for V [0.3]

-Implemented lighting

-fixed Duna's sandstorms

-greatly reduced download size

-Swapped out Skybox for something 'Less Distracting'

-Possible wispy Laythe Clouds

I was wondering, would anyone want clouds on Laythe that look a little like this?

(Final Product will look much better)

my god 

its beautiful

1 hour ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

my god 

its beautiful

Looks even better now! I've rearranged the Auroras so now they align with the new 'poles' of Laythe. Also added and varied the cloud layers to give it a little more depth.

10 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Looks even better now! I've rearranged the Auroras so now they align with the new 'poles' of Laythe. Also added and varied the cloud layers to give it a little more depth.

I've also removed any surface textures for planets which I don't think really look significantly better with it...

So i kept it with some major ones like the mun, moho, minmus and tylo and debating whether to have Duna textures...

Edited by Matchlight

On 8/11/2016 at 5:24 PM, CanIAskAQuestion1928 said:

For some reason there is the wormhole texture but it is unused. Can you add the womhole next update? Also the cloud textures are blocky. And there is .DS_Store file everywhere. And atmospheres from map view looks weird.

Psst... New update comes out soon... with the wormhole :)

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3]

COMING TO SPACEDOCK MAY 20

Some more photos: http://imgur.com/a/SyxIM

CONFIRMED FEATURES

- Lightning for Kerbin, Laythe, Eve and Duna

- Wormhole in the atmosphere of Kerbol

- New Alto Laythe Clouds

- Improved Jool & Eve Clouds

- New DreamScape Skybox

- New Sunflare

- Reduced Download Size

- Better Scatterer & KSPRC Integration

- Optimised Kerbin for better FPS

- Improved Auroras

FIXED BUGS

- Duna Sandstorms Don't follow you anymore

- KSPRC textures don't glitch when loading

- Fixed Reflections bugging out

What's resolution of the clouds of kerbin? From near, they look so pixelated.

1 minute ago, Alteroz said:

You should add uvnoise to them

8 hours ago, Alteroz said:

You should add uvnoise to them

I used full res, I find that interesting, How do I unvoise Kerbin's clouds?