KSP Healthy Body Challenge

Tyko

Here's my challenge - take care of your body while KSP stimulates your brain!

Here's how it works:

Every time you realize you'll be waiting for more than 1 minute for something to happen,  Instead of sitting there and staring at a progress bar, take a quick break and do something for the rest of your body.

• Drink a glass of water
  • Stand up from you desk and focus your eyes on the most distant thing in your field of view.
  • Stretch
  • Situps
  • Pushups
  • Jumping jacks

For the exercises, It doesn't have to be a lot of reps, just do what you can, set a goal to do 1 if that's what your comfortable with. Up it to 2 when you're feeling better and then keep going.

Can't complete entirely, body fused to chair.

Instead of "Drinking some water" I ate a bag of pork rinds.

Instead of "Focusing on something in the distance" I watched some mythbusters.

Instead of "Stretching" I scratched my armpits.

Instead of doing a situp I did some vigorous mouse movements

Instead of doing pushups I typed for a while.

And instead of doing "jumping jacks." I ate a bowl of apple jacks.

I keep my water bottle within arm's reach...maybe I should put it upstairs so I have to walk about when I want a drink.

Also, sometimes the most distant object I can see is the Sun. That might be bad to look at for those who don't have solar filters in the house.

Edited by cubinator

47 minutes ago, zolotiyeruki said:

The replies to this thread are outstanding.

Someone needs to make a mod for KSP that requires the use of a treadmill whenever a Kerbonaut is EVAing and walking about.

Not a treadmill ... A Hamster Wheel

And you can use it when you run out of electricity or fuel to power your ship ... Sometimes you need just a little bit more Dv

I would rather do a grand tour 3x times in a row with no refueling while a naughty little girl is banging against the door for no reason than this. Im not lazy, i grew up in the 21th century, thats why. And I love naughty little girls who somehow made it in my house, they are cuties, and smart (because they made it in my house you know)

6 hours ago, eddiew said:

Whenever the VAB crashes my game, I know it's time to go make another cup of tea while the game restarts :)  Jasmine or sencha, preferably.

haha..it's funny, I've been drinking a lot more tea since I started playing KSP because I can make it between burns...   :)

22 hours ago, MDZhB said:

I did everything save for the sit ups. Do I get a spot on the leader board? Can I have a badge?

Congrats!!! Hmm...A badge could be fun. I'd have to figure out how to make/post/manage it.

Dude, you're sure that's possible? Apart from "view" none of that is actually executable...

Also, is xjump allowed as well?

~$ drink a glass of water
No command 'drink' found, did you mean:
 Command 'dink' from package 'freedink-engine' (universe)
drink: command not found

~$ sudo stand up
sudo: stand: command not found

~$ situp
situp: command not found
~$ sudo situp
sudo: situp: command not found

~$ pushup
pushup: command not found

~$ jump
No command 'jump' found, did you mean:
 Command 'wump' from package 'bsdgames' (universe)
 Command 'jupp' from package 'jupp' (universe)
 Command 'dump' from package 'dump' (universe)
 Command 'pump' from package 'pump' (universe)
 Command 'xjump' from package 'xjump' (universe)
jump: command not found
~$ xjump
The program 'xjump' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install xjump

Meh...unless there's a badge, I wont install xjump solely for the purpose of this challenge...

On 14/08/2016 at 0:09 PM, Firemetal said:

Wait you have to move? Jeez that's harder than an Eve sea level return SSTO!

no that's harder than a jool sea level VSSTO landing

16 hours ago, eddiew said:

Whenever the VAB crashes my game, I know it's time to go make another cup of tea while the game restarts :)  Jasmine or sencha, preferably.

you can do that??!!!!

I was already competing here before I even saw the thread coz whenever I'm executing a very long burn I go AFK and do all kinds of stuff. Some time ago I even rode my bike to the post office to send a package while back at home KSP was runnin' a half-an-hour NERV burn. Post office was full of ppl that day so I had to hurry back home and made it there about a minute before the end of the burn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.