[REQUEST] Mk1 Cargo bay?

legoclone09

2 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

I make enough use of 0.625 parts I made a bay... ( technically an electronics bay rather than a payload bay ). I get *plenty* of use out of Mk1 bays. And again, there are some in existence, so obviously I'm not alone.

Yes, but they are not the STOCK Mk-1 textures, so they look idiotic on a Mk-1 plane!*

*WARNING RANT*

Also, @passinglurker, I use MRS's 1.25M cargo bay all the time! I just wish we had a Mk-1 textured one! This is the sort of thing that I personally, and quite a few others would like to see, and your already wonderful More Mk-1 mod is the perfect place for it! Why not?

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

@OrbitalBuzzsaw because I over think things.

for example a hollow cargo bay would have to line up with the hollow structural fuselages to blend in, and unlike other mk1 bay mods this leaves you with thick walls and little or no room for a meaningful payload at lease relative to the craft you use to bring it up. So if you had a 0.625m probe log that could fit to put into orbit why not just launch it on the nose of a smaller cheaper rocket rather than an over kill mk1 SSTO?

next example is the case of the service bay style of use. I already have inline monoprop made and inline batteries, probe cores, and power generators in the pipe  I just need to work out how to implement science parts. if I'm on the cusp of not needing cargo bays why would I spend my time making them?

third example is it opens an almost literal can of worm in that it lets you access the end cap hatches on the mk1 crew cabin and get a kerbal outside. so why use a cockpit? now all you need is a probe core and a cargo bay. Porkjet said the mk1 cabin's lack of access was a deliberate balance decision.

Finally what I've made isn't all that special I just ran the stock textures through blender to strip out the alpha channel and convert to png before copy/pasting the bits I'd use into an improvised texture sheet anyone who thinks more highly of a mk1 style cargo bay than I do could probably do the same. I'd even help if they got stuck.

hmm... though what I could do to provide an instrument bay but not a cabin hatch is make a hollow science jr 9000... I still think something good for payload delivery isn't worth the effort...

Edited by passinglurker

8 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I'm gonna toot my own horn, if it's alright with you all (and Talisar's and Roxette's horns, I suppose):

The external texture isn't lined and weathered exactly as Porkjet's new Mk1 parts are, but it's more or less the same average shade of grey.

Yeah, I do like it. I might try to see if I can get the textures like what @passinglurker has done, and if you want I can send it to you to upload for the mod.

Here is Ven's Mk1 cargo bay all credit to him it does have a LFO tank with it if you don't want it just delete the the tank cfg and mu  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/MK1parts.zip   

just unzip and move or copy to KSP/GameDate

Here is a link to Ven's work  

This link has 3 sizes of cargo bays and not sure what you mean about Porkjet's textures as Ven's is really close it looks like the cargo bays maybe just a shade darker ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test Parts/MK1parts.zip

Edited by Mecripp2

16 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Here is Ven's Mk1 cargo bay all credit to him it does have a LFO tank with it if you don't want it just delete the the tank cfg and mu  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/MK1parts.zip   

just unzip and move or copy to KSP/GameDate

Here is a link to Ven's work  

This link has 3 sizes of cargo bays and not sure what you mean about Porkjet's textures as Ven's is really close it looks like the cargo bays maybe just a shade darker ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test Parts/MK1parts.zip

I've used his and love it with his parts but MoarMk1 which I use doesn't match his really. I likely will try to remodel the structural fuselae as a cargo bay, though.

Edited by legoclone09

11 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I've used his and love it with his parts but MoarMk1 which I use doesn't match his really. I likely will try to remodel the structural fuselae as a cargo bay, though.

O :) I haven't seen them thanks and will take a look and see about doing alittle re-texturing on Ven's cargo bay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.